• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anyone seen this before?

ktwigger

Hi guys, needing some assistance here. This is the first time we've had this issue but there's wavy areas appearing on our translucent print. We've even printed a similar sign for the same company (only difference was the size) with the same material and settings and had no issue so I'm not sure why this is happening. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Printing on a HP Latex 560 on Avery Translucent MP2050. Sorry for the crappy pic, it was the best I could get with the glare.

20210722_145414.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
My guess is plasticizer once again....
You can test that by cleaning an area with IPA and then print on it. If it's good, you have to change the roll to another.

ktwigger

You can test that by cleaning an area with IPA and then print on it. If it's good, you have to change the roll to another.
Just tried it and it looks like you are correct. Thank you! Sucks that I have to buy a new roll...

ktwigger

Your supplier should replace it with a new one if it's not too old...
If it's like a month old it's considered defect.
Yeah it's definitely older than a month but we're still going to see if Grimco will at least send another roll at no cost. We don't print translucent very often.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I have never had an issue getting Avery rolls replaced. I haven't experienced the waves like that but I have had sections show up with the white speckles on the 2050, lucky for me it went away after a few feet.

DARRELL OAKS

What does IPA stand for. I am new and trying to understand some troubleshooting tips from you guys.

karst41

Yeah it's definitely older than a month but we're still going to see if Grimco will at least send another roll at no cost. We don't print translucent very often.
Wont happen!

You need to call for a RMA (return) Then BUY another Roll and wait 30 days or so for a Credit.
The credit will come but is most often a 30 day thing.

With Avery materials you MUST record the Batch Numbers and MFG dates.
You need to Present those numbers to GRIMCO and INSIST that replacement roll is NOT
of the same Batch / Run.
I stopped using Avery print films 20 years ago due to their Horrible Quality control.

3M is pretty much all I use, because I have fewer problems with 3m than any other.
HP has some good products too.

Do you print banners? If So Set up an account with Athens Paper.
Request a Banner swatch book. It is impressive and they stock all of it
Great Prices too. Athens does not stock 3m medias. They have Everything Else.

They stock HP Media and inks, etc for your 560.

Cheers