• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anyone used Kalisign?

mdjamesd

We have used a few other vendors over the years, but was curious as to if anyone had used Kalisign or heard any reviews of them. Their price is around half what we have paid in the past, but don't feel like getting burned by the old "you get what you pay for".

If you have had good experiences with other channel letter vendors, or if you make them in a wholesale manner, I would love to reach out to you!

Thank you,
James

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
We have used a few other vendors over the years, but was curious as to if anyone had used Kalisign or heard any reviews of them. Their price is around half what we have paid in the past, but don't feel like getting burned by the old "you get what you pay for".

If you have had good experiences with other channel letter vendors, or if you make them in a wholesale manner, I would love to reach out to you!

Thank you,
James
Are you referring to the company in France? That would be very risky to order signs from overseas. If you know their prices are really cheap, then you must have experience purchasing channel letters, so why are you asking for recommendations?

mdjamesd

Are you referring to the company in France? That would be very risky to order signs from overseas. If you know their prices are really cheap, then you must have experience purchasing channel letters, so why are you asking for recommendations?
Compared to some other vendors we have used, Kali's pricing is around 40% less. I was curious as to if others have used them and what they thought of the end product. What's wrong with asking others where they have had good experiences? I've been in the industry for quite a while, but mainly printing/install/problem solving. Had the opportunity to do more sales work, so I'm looking around to see who/what else is out there beyond our current vendor pool.

CanuckSigns

Compared to some other vendors we have used, Kali's pricing is around 40% less. I was curious as to if others have used them and what they thought of the end product. What's wrong with asking others where they have had good experiences? I've been in the industry for quite a while, but mainly printing/install/problem solving. Had the opportunity to do more sales work, so I'm looking around to see who/what else is out there beyond our current vendor pool.
If you are ordering from overseas, keep in mind the electrical will at the very least need to be inspected, you may also run into issues with different electrical systems 50hz vs 60hz etc.
Shipping is also a variable, if they ship by boat, expect a long wait time, and air freight would eat up all your savings. Also how would they handle items damaged during shipping?

I'm not saying don't do it, just keep in mind there may be more to it than you are anticipating.

There is also the time tested saying "if something seems too good to be true, it probally is" comes to mind.

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
I'm curious of Kalisigns as well. It seems that they specialize in acrylic block style letters similar to Gemini or Bitro group. I believe most of their fabrication is done in China.

My company sales trimless edge channel letters as well as reverse channel letters to other sign companies. We pretty much will do any difficult style of channel letters that other companies don't want to mess with. We are a smaller responsive company. We sent job below out yesterday. This is an acrylic push through style of channel letter.

Attachments

• 20230106_162734.jpg
    20230106_162734.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 130
  • 20230106_104136.jpg
    20230106_104136.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 118

metrosign

We have used Kali Signs several times in the past and currently have jobs in production with them. The service is great. I recommend using their Sign Kontrol device as it extends your warranty and can act as a sign timer. In the photos, the Rev sign is their fabricated aluminum with acrylic neon effect. The VAST is their return lit option. The Aspen Ranch is reverse lit acrylic. Prescott Bridal is their front lit using the day night acrylic option. Their service is great and their timeline is always 21 days except during the Chinese New Year. Freight to OKC is less than a week using DHL. I recommend them any chance I get.

Attachments

• Revolucion 04964 - Flag Mount Sign side 1 (5).jpg
    Revolucion 04964 - Flag Mount Sign side 1 (5).jpg
    977.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Photo Dec 06, 12 47 29 PM.png
    Photo Dec 06, 12 47 29 PM.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 98
  • Aspen Ranch Edmond 02284 monument channel letters 3.jpg
    Aspen Ranch Edmond 02284 monument channel letters 3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 113
  • Prescott Bridal 03510 so2395- Close up Channel Letters.jpg
    Prescott Bridal 03510 so2395- Close up Channel Letters.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 116

JBurton

Signtologist
On that Prescott bridal, why on earth did someone add junction boxes on top of the raceway? That's exactly 1/2 of what the raceway is meant to do...