• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has to be someone on S101

binki

That is because Lecky is more expensive than gasoline. And if it isn't where you are (In the PRC it is 50 cents a KWH and going up) it soon will be if that is the only option.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
People are so judgemental. How do we know Tesla is the one being charged - maybe it is running the sign.
Selling point on Ford's all-electric truck is it can be used as a battery bank on the jobsite and at home when the power is down.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
People are so judgemental. How do we know Tesla is the one being charged - maybe it is running the sign.
Selling point on Ford's all-electric truck is it can be used as a battery bank on the jobsite and at home when the power is down.
Tesla has no power output.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Tesla has no power output.
True enough - but you can use the Russian Life Hack to pull the juice:

Through the low voltage architecture, you can get the power from the main battery pack and power several devices on the inverter.
It’s something a lot more Tesla owners have been looking into lately following some tough weather in some regions in the US causing power outages.
Tesla owner Bob Schatz described his own setup in a post on the Tesla Owners Club Portland Facebook group (via Green on Twitter):
“So if you are out of power from the storm you can power parts of your home from your car. here I’m using a 2,000 watt inverter from Harbour Freight for $170. Connect to your battery, the shorter the wires the better. Then I have an extension chord to my gas furnace to power the blower and furnace computer. That alone draws about 1,100 watts. Then I still have enough for my refrigerator and a few lights.”
A setup like that on a Tesla vehicle can provide hours of power, but Schatz found out that Tesla doesn’t like it.