• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has WS Display moved completely to Mexico?

PatWhatley

I had an order placed with them for two windfeathers...a small part of a much bigger order we were doing in-house. After a couple of emails to customer service they told me they would be shipping UPS on Sept 8th. UPS shows them a three day ship from our location which was cutting it close but gave us one extra day before they needed to be delivered. Got the notice on the 8th that a shipping label had been created. Tracked the package yesterday (the 12th) after UPS ran only to discover it hadn't even been given to UPS yet. Shipment finally got scanned late last night showing delivery for Thursday, the day after the event. The customer is pissed. Contacted WS Display, their excuse is that they shipped it on the 8th....from Mexico....where it apparently got hung up at the border...and it's not their problem. Seems like every order I've placed with them lately (this is my last one) has been shipping days after they say it will. Is there anyone left printing windfeathers in the United States? If I'm going to order from out of country I'll just order straight out of China. I can get them for 35% less in the same time frame.

CanuckSigns

I had an order placed with them for two windfeathers...a small part of a much bigger order we were doing in-house. After a couple of emails to customer service they told me they would be shipping UPS on Sept 8th. UPS shows them a three day ship from our location which was cutting it close but gave us one extra day before they needed to be delivered. Got the notice on the 8th that a shipping label had been created. Tracked the package yesterday (the 12th) after UPS ran only to discover it hadn't even been given to UPS yet. Shipment finally got scanned late last night showing delivery for Thursday, the day after the event. The customer is pissed. Contacted WS Display, their excuse is that they shipped it on the 8th....from Mexico....where it apparently got hung up at the border...and it's not their problem. Seems like every order I've placed with them lately (this is my last one) has been shipping days after they say it will. Is there anyone left printing windfeathers in the United States? If I'm going to order from out of country I'll just order straight out of China. I can get them for 35% less in the same time frame.
I've noticed similar issues recently, where a vendor will tell you the item will ship by a certain date, but what they do is just create a shipping label, the package doesn't get picked up for a few days still, this allows them a few extra days before customers start calling to complain, so a 5 day lead time becomes 8 days.

RMarshall

I've been less than thrilled with them lately as well.
I started using them for retractable stands after a few headaches with Orbus.
They list "free shipping" for their SilverStep stand but once you checkout they charge you shipping.
Turns out it only applies to WSPrime members...

Ordered a fabric backdrop banner with pole pockets on 4 sides and it arrived with pole pockets on only 2 sides.
They made me take pictures of the ENTIRE 10ftx10ft banner and caption/point out which sides had pockets and which sides needed it.
Guess it's too difficult for them to understand the meaning of "all 4 sides".

Their 2 day production times also tend to be more like 5 days plus shipping.

Im thinking about going to back to ordering hardware from Orbus and graphics from S365...

jtiii

I paid good money for you to read this!
Give us a shot! We're located, manufacture and ship from Salt Lake City, UT. We'd be glad to help you out on your next order of flags, table skirts, promotional tents, whatever!

Email sales@abacatalog.com or call 801-305-1655.

Thank you
Hey, to piggyback on this thread, I'm planning on giving y'all a go on our next order. Can you help me set my expectations for large format sublimation?
We do small sublimation every so often, and I haven't had any real issue with color with photographs on tee shirts. Can you give me an idea though of what's reasonable with large format? This is the most recent order we did with thebannerstore.net. The photo provided for the background is not the easiest to hold but what we got seems to be the result of their art dept not understanding the color space they're working in?

Attachments

• GLP1.jpg
    GLP1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Comparison 1.jpg
    Comparison 1.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 36

JBurton

Signtologist
They made me take pictures of the ENTIRE 10ftx10ft banner and caption/point out which sides had pockets and which sides needed it.
I'd get pretty dang snarky at such a request. "Yes, if you could just unroll the whole banner and take pictures with arrows and stuff, then we'll go all CSI on the images and see if there is actually a problem with your order", "Ya know, I could do that, or I could just place a chargeback on my CC and you could deal with that much on your end, and I'll go with another supplier. Or you could just SEND ME A CORRECTED BANNER!"

ABA Visibility Products

Premium Subscriber
Hey, to piggyback on this thread, I'm planning on giving y'all a go on our next order. Can you help me set my expectations for large format sublimation?
We do small sublimation every so often, and I haven't had any real issue with color with photographs on tee shirts. Can you give me an idea though of what's reasonable with large format? This is the most recent order we did with thebannerstore.net. The photo provided for the background is not the easiest to hold but what we got seems to be the result of their art dept not understanding the color space they're working in?
Hello there--

Large Dye Sublimation is a lot like large format printing. If you put in a good image you're going to get a good image out. We'll work with whatever you have, including honoring embedded profiles in your file. We'd also be happy to send you a small sample of your file for you to check prior to production.

We look forward to working with you!

aba visibility products
801-305-1655 (ask for Cathy or Bryan)
sales@abacatalog.com

jtiii

I paid good money for you to read this!
I'd get pretty dang snarky at such a request. "Yes, if you could just unroll the whole banner and take pictures with arrows and stuff, then we'll go all CSI on the images and see if there is actually a problem with your order", "Ya know, I could do that, or I could just place a chargeback on my CC and you could deal with that much on your end, and I'll go with another supplier. Or you could just SEND ME A CORRECTED BANNER!"
How complicated does a chargeback get when you have the product but it's not acceptable? I haven't had to do that before but I'm getting there currently...