• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hauling a 540i 330 miles?

34Ford

I could do that if I knew the width and length of the stand.
Then probably be best to remove the wheels.

Is this close 90.9 x 29.1 x 44.3 in?

Stagecraft

I'd bet that if you posted in the Roland section of these forums with the headline "Roland 540-I Dimensions ?" somebody here would have one and be good enough to take some measurements.

Stagecraft

The way to do it is to secure it to a wooden loading pallet.Then load the pallet
I've had to move my SP540 several times over fairly short distances, usually a one hour drive. If the truck has a lift-gate we just roll it on after removing the media rollers and the brackets and then secure the printer with ratchet straps attached to the truck's box and to the printer stand. We secure the wheels by blocking them with some pieces of 1x4 screwed directly into the truck's plywood floor. As others have said, the printer should not be above the wheels, preferably secured against the back of the cab. Can't see why it wouldn't work for long hauls too. - Boyd

34Ford

True.

Its gonna be a L O N G 7 days till this time next Saturday.
waiting-bored-waiting-boy-smiley-emoticon-000413-large.gif