• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having a problem with a line in the print on a roland SP300?

gtjet

I am getting a line perpendicular to the direction the print head moves across the print on all four colors (cmyk), the yellow/magenta almost line up and the black/cyan are very close if not in line, the line is about an eight of an inch thick and will run as tall as the print cutting right through the color being printed. Any idea what this is? Thanks.

RebelTT

i usually put a piece of white paper behind and follow it to see any marks on it. What do u guys recommend to clean the strip with?

MachServTech

I am getting a line perpendicular to the direction the print head moves across the print on all four colors (cmyk), the yellow/magenta almost line up and the black/cyan are very close if not in line, the line is about an eight of an inch thick and will run as tall as the print cutting right through the color being printed. Any idea what this is? Thanks.

pictures if you can, please

Yep! Dirty encoder strip. Don't forget to clean behind where the head parks..everyone seems to forget this and end up buying a new encoder strip.