• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having major problems with colors with FlexiSIGN-PRO 8.1 and Mimaki JV3

spencer2004

I have been having problems getting the colors to print correctly on my Mimaki JV3s for ages, I have managed to get them partially right with some bizarre settings but some colors just come one really wrong and it's starting to become a real problem.

I am using FlexiSIGN-PRO 8.1 with the built in ICC, media and density profiles. I am using SS2 dual CMYK ink and I mainly print on vinyl.

The settings I currently use which makes the colors come out partially right are as follows:

Media: 3M IJ160
Print mode: High quality
Color mode: Dual CMYK (2 bits)
Dither type: FMXPress
Output profile: top-4c-gpvc-720x720-4pass
Resolution: 1440 x 1440
Density adjustment: Elite white vinyl_CMYKLcLm 2 bits_high quality
Cyan limit: 40
Magenta limit: 32
Yellow limit: 32
Black limit: 32
Passes: 16
Print direction: Bidirectional
Preheat / print heat: 35c/35c

As you can see the settings I use at the moment seem to be all over the place but this gives me the best result by far.

The main problems I face is that grays appear blue or green but every color is a fair bit off which is becoming a problem.

Could someone please provide me a set of settings and/or profiles that will work for my setup and make my colors more accurate? Although it would be nice it doesn't need to be 100% spot on, I just want the colors to come out as they should.

Many thanks in advance ;p

mrugen

Help with Color in Flexi

Okay, here is my advise.

1) I am attaching a link to a monitor profile. Download it. (http://www.givemehelp.com/GenericLCD_Monitor.icc )
2) Go to the EDIT menu and choose COLOR SETTINGS
3) ADD the monitor profile to the DISPLAY tab.
4) Go to the INPUT tab and change that to the same monitor profile.
5) Choose an appropriate ICC Profile for your printer.
6) Close COLOR SETTINGS.

Open any file and make sure the above settings are set in color settings.
Choose to print it.
In Production manager, make sure the color settings match the above.
Send the file, i should print rather well.

NOTE: the INPUT profile can be changed to Adobe RGB 1998 if needed at times for wider color ranges. Also, if you use the above settings, you should get good accurate soft proofing as well. Don't change any defaults for the print profile. If you use the above, you will be able to soft proof before you print.

For more detail see: https://givemehelp.pivotshare.com/media/flexi-color-management-for-better-printing/11577

Also, when you are ready to upgrade Flexi, let me know. I can help you with that.