• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having trouble filling in

Scott767

Hi, I'm not able to select one any of the letters except the top of the "C" to make it solid.
I can't fill in the letters.
I can change the color of the outline, Like the bottom of the "C" I changed to orange, but will not fill in.

thanks

upload_2018-9-5_19-37-37.png

Joe House

Are those created in Flexi or imported from somewhere else? There are a couple of things that I can think of here. Is wireframe checked in fill stroke editor? Are the shapes closed shapes? You can't fill and open shape. Try selecting the shapes and then click on the join paths tool in the path edit toolbar.

Scott767

It was imported from Illustrator. It looks like shapes are not closed. plus there are multiple lines on top of each other.
I'm having a hard time finding the lines that are on top of each other. Is there a easy way to close the paths? they are touching each other.

Joe House

I don't know how it will work with multiple shapes on top of each other, but you can also select the shape and right click and choose "Close Path" from the menu. This will only work if your end points are within the tolerance for this tool in Flexi. If the start and end points are not close enough, you will have to do this manually.

You might try going back to Illustrator and check your export settings and try to re-import these. I'm not really an illustrator guy, so I can't really help on that route to completion.

Todd Jelle

just a side note, when we run into something like this we will sometimes create an outline say .002, seperate outline, delete original, then reusing our outline create an inline of .002,
this will recreate the work as closed paths you can now use at will.