• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Having trouble weeding small designs, HP Prime Gloss Air vinyl

RonnyCrack

I had this same problem with some Avery air release vinyl. On both, even if I step the cut pressure up a bit extra, the adhesive seems to hold the stickers in place.

20221214_132348.jpg
Screenshot_20221214_133133_VLC.jpg

The design is 0.5x0.5" there's 500 per page it would be bruuuuutal to have to hold down each sticker or go so slow/not weed at all when cheaper vinyl can just weed like butter lol.

Any ideas on how to remedy this would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20221214_132348.jpg
    20221214_132348.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 157

RonnyCrack

Too small for air release. they'll never stay on the backer.
I have air release vinyl from signworld that weeds perfectly somehow, it's just really rigid and walks a bit in my printer, causing headstrikes and ghosting. The adhesive of this HP vinyl seems to reconnect with itself and yank everything off the page.

FWIW when I was having the issue with the avery vinyl, I was cutting much larger stickers and still having trouble with it (like 2x3").

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
I've always been told not to use air release for smaller things. From what I understand there isn't enough surface tension to keep the vinyl on the backer when weeding. I just use normal vinyl (non air) for anything that's not a large flat surface where the air release would help installation.

CanuckSigns

I agree with everyone else, air release vinyl weeds horribly, especially when that small. Redo them on regular vinyl, there is no reason to use air release vinyl on decals that small.

RonnyCrack

Thanks for the input y'all, guess I'll start looking for some nice non air release vinyl, idk where my obsession with trying only air release stems from lol