• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HDU Brands

3Dsigns

I've used several brands over the years; Signfoam, Precision Board, Evergreen, Duna, DesignBoard and maybe a couple others. The best bang for my buck was DesignBoard. I've made quite a few signs with it, many have been out in the weather for quite a few years, and never had any problems. But when Grimco bought out my local sign supply, that soon ended. All Grimco seems to have is Duna and Signfoam. Signfoam is overpriced and I don't mind working Duna on the CNC but I hate sandblasting it. I live in NW Florida; does anyone know of a supplier who carries DB or something similar? Thanks

rossmosh

I have to admit, I'm unsure I've ever heard someone prefer DesignBoard over Duna or SF4.

Either way, you can call the MFG but I do know NGlantz still supplies for DesignBoard. I'm sure if you call up DesignBoard they'll tell you who is in your area.

3Dsigns

I have to admit, I'm unsure I've ever heard someone prefer DesignBoard over Duna or SF4.

Either way, you can call the MFG but I do know NGlantz still supplies for DesignBoard. I'm sure if you call up DesignBoard they'll tell you who is in your area.
For routing on the CNC, Duna is fine. But, from my experience, it is hard to sandblast. The jobs I have upcoming are sandblasted.

Sandman

For routing on the CNC, Duna is fine. But, from my experience, it is hard to sandblast. The jobs I have upcoming are sandblasted.

There's a reason it's hard to sandblast. I am getting ready to sell my sandblasting unit. I have a wood grain file that makes a background on the router look exactly like sandblasted red cedar, because the file was made from blasting a fairly large cedar blank, taking a picture and converting it to a texture. No more sweltering in the summer, freezing in the winter, and dealing with hoses, gasoline, fresh air hood, and hauling everything in and out of the shop. CNC does it's thing while I'm working on something else.