• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Alignment issue

M@CK

Hi there guys.

Here's the problem, I got a tech to install a new print head on last wednesday (29th of october), printed fine the first couple of days and now yesterday wen I started the machine it seemed all out of alignments !
Actually only the yellow keeps creeping out from under the magenta.

Id like to take care of this my self.
What can I do. I tried the [Print Adjust] in the menu with no result.

I also did a search on the net and found this step by step Head Alignment procedure. I think I understand the whole thing, maybe someone can simplify ? Or maybe I don't need to go through all the steps ?

Here's the Procedure I found:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gybj1zxz11x

Thanks for the help

M@CK

P.S. I forgot to say this only happens in one mode Thin / High Speed 8 pass
thanks

M@CK

Only wen I print 720x720 bidirectional head height set to thin 8 pass and fast mode.
Thanks for the help printertech101

wildside

what kind of tech was it????

get them back over there and do the job right, isn't that why you had a tech do it in the first place.......

M@CK

wsgraphix, that was my exact first thought. But I only print in this mode wen I have a very large quantity of prints to do and I really want to learn how to repair my machine my self.

particleman

Sounds like you need to go into maintenance mode and redo the alignments. You will typically need a magnification device to do it properly. You should be able to go in there and rerun them and it will not wipe out the old values, you will probably find that either for yellow or magenta on one or more of them will be off. After making changes in M mode, run print adjust again in normal mode as this is wiped out.

Other things to check, how do your test draw look? Do the test pattern drift into the other patterns? If so you have a head slant issue, he either left a screw loose or it wasn't done properly. You have to have a magnifying lense to do that one.

It is worth noting you can certainly make things worse messing around in there if you type a value in wrong.

M@CK

particleman, I did buy my self a 60x Shop Microscope at coleparmer.
I didn't get a chance to look in this issue I have ben busy doing Prepress, but will next weak, since ill be running a large quantity of prints.

Thanks for the feedback.
Regards M@CK