• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head clogging or ink starvation on JV33

MonoJoker

Hi all,

Got a weird, intermittent issue with a JV33 which we recently purchased 2nd hand. Every now and then it will "drop" a complete colour or 2 from the head (DX5). It'll be printing along fine at great quality then you'll see the colour change completely as it usually stops printing the rightmost (looking from the front) magenta or cyan. The issue has been there since we first got the machine but may not occur for a week or more then suddenly it happens every day. The worst part is sometimes a single head clean (Normal strength) will fix it but others (like today) I can perform 20 or more Hard, Normal and Soft cleans in succession and not get the magenta working again.

What seems to have helped is only running one set of ink tanks - rather than the pairs of each colour it has. I also take the lids off the tanks to provide air in there as they appear to be completely sealed. Here's some pictures of the machine anyway if anyone can possibly suggest some troubleshooting then that would be great. It's running a solvent head and ink from SolventCartridges.com which worked fine in our JV3 and fine in this machine while it's not having the issue.

Just now I've done a series of head cleans and the first magenta has printed BLACK in a test draw - as shown below - but only half of the nozzle is printing.

This is really frustrating and wasting a lot of time and material, please help :)

Edit: pics

http://imgur.com/a/m2juz

Karen-Kang

Hi all,

Got a weird, intermittent issue with a JV33 which we recently purchased 2nd hand. Every now and then it will "drop" a complete colour or 2 from the head (DX5). It'll be printing along fine at great quality then you'll see the colour change completely as it usually stops printing the rightmost (looking from the front) magenta or cyan. The issue has been there since we first got the machine but may not occur for a week or more then suddenly it happens every day. The worst part is sometimes a single head clean (Normal strength) will fix it but others (like today) I can perform 20 or more Hard, Normal and Soft cleans in succession and not get the magenta working again.

What seems to have helped is only running one set of ink tanks - rather than the pairs of each colour it has. I also take the lids off the tanks to provide air in there as they appear to be completely sealed. Here's some pictures of the machine anyway if anyone can possibly suggest some troubleshooting then that would be great. It's running a solvent head and ink from SolventCartridges.com which worked fine in our JV3 and fine in this machine while it's not having the issue.

Just now I've done a series of head cleans and the first magenta has printed BLACK in a test draw - as shown below - but only half of the nozzle is printing.

This is really frustrating and wasting a lot of time and material, please help :)
Please upload the nozzle , or color block , we will see it.

MonoJoker

Interestingly this morning it's the "other" magenta which is not printing. I've tried two x 2 min Nozzle washes and 3 Normal cleans to no avail. I'm now doing a fillup ink assuming it might be starvation?

I'm wondering if a new set of refillable cartridges might help...

441racewraps

Sounds like the ink switches behind the cart are not ingaging. We have a jv33 and have been running it for 8 or 9 years. We keep the back cover off the ink end so we can make sure the ink switches ingage. As soon as the print starts gently push on the top side of the switch levers on the back side. Sometimes they all fire, sometimes you will feel them ingage when you push on them.

TheSnowman

Ever resolve this? I have the same issue and have replaced almost everything but the head. Head is only 9 months old.