• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
Hey guys!

I have been having issues with one of the heads on our Roland TrueVis VGII-640. I was hoping one of you guys might have an idea as to how I can fix it. Is it a possible damper situation? It happens on our head that has the yellow and the black. Sometimes I have to do multiple cleans before I can get the issue to go away, but it always comes back. The pictures I have are dated for an older date but it is still happening today. There is an image where the lt. magenta and lt. cyan was having issues but that has been taken care of.

Attachments

• test print 7-18-23 after normal clean.jpg
    test print 7-18-23 after normal clean.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 82
  • test print 7-27-23.jpg
    test print 7-27-23.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • Test Print 9-27-23.jpg
    Test Print 9-27-23.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46

somcalmetim

Try adding cleaner solution to your capping stations with syringe to see if they drain properly...should drain in a couple seconds...helps to give the sponges a gentle scrub with swab as well to get rid of any crust...
Also if they are clogged or dirty the capping station wont be able to seal and suck ink through to waste and keep it moving properly...even a hair or dried ink stuck to edge of capping station will kill the seal/suction so they cant work properly to keep the ink moving...

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I'm actually currently having a very similar issue with my SG-300. I've tracked it down to the pump for the black/yellow head. You could try opening the panel and trick the sensor and watch if it's pulling properly, if not, swap the lines with another pump and see if it works better.

SE SignSupply

Double check your wiper.

1st check: Is a wiper installed?
2nd check: During the cleaning process, the wiper should move from the wiper bath, to the pad, and wipe the printhead (cant remember the exact order). I have seen a few machines the wiper has gotten out of sync and it causes color mixing and dropout during cleaning cycles.

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
So far I did the cleaner solution to the capping station. Everything seemed to drain properly. I believe the cleaning process of the wiper is correct. The wiper comes out of the bath on the left and moves to the pad on the right then moves back to the left to wipe the print head. I will have to check if any foreign objects are on the head the next time it happens.