• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Soak

ProColorGraphics

I have some stuck nozzles in the black on one of my heads, Epson S80. I am wondering what the proper way to do a head soak is? I have never had to do one before.

Thanks!!

unclebun

As far as I know the Epson doesn't do head soaks. Just three levels of automatic cleaning, which include periods of soaking (all very short compared to what we had to do routinely on our Mimaki JV3)

specific

I have some stuck nozzles in the black on one of my heads, Epson S80. I am wondering what the proper way to do a head soak is? I have never had to do one before.

Thanks!!

I use a binder clip to pinch the lines going to the waste fluid pump, fill the cap head with cleaning solution, then slide the carriage back over to lock. If the head soak doesn't fix the problem, you might need to replace the cap head assy.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I use a binder clip to pinch the lines going to the waste fluid pump, fill the cap head with cleaning solution, then slide the carriage back over to lock. If the head soak doesn't fix the problem, you might need to replace the cap head assy.

This is what I do except I use a forceep to close the lines. I prefer soaking the head in pure fluid rather than using a lint free cloth soaked in fluid like a lot of people do.

ProColorGraphics

Okay. Bigger problems than that, I keep getting the 1A39[SA003GA] error. And being 4 years old, I don't think its worth the $5500 price tag decision one quoted me to fix it.

Case

Okay. Bigger problems than that, I keep getting the 1A39[SA003GA] error. And being 4 years old, I don't think its worth the $5500 price tag decision one quoted me to fix it.

I had one with same error.... $5500 is the max cost to fix worst case scenario...... Mine was fixed for $2300.... by D1 that Epson uses.....

Case