• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head strike? What is this?

Tony Rome

I get this a little too often, is it a head strike, if so how do I avoid it?
Sometimes it is on the right side sometimes the left, never the middle.
Is the roll to heavy and need to be let out?

Sometimes it happens when I have the metal brackets that hold the sides down.

Any ideas?
Happens with a lot of the different materials.
It is almost to the point where i account for it and print an extra or sit and wait because it usually happens closer to thew beginning of the print.

The picture is of the same one, just zoomed out so you can see my roller position and metal bracket.

Thanks.

20140629_142407.jpg 2014-06-29 14.27.04.jpg

player

I think it is when the head slides across the material.

I would check your vacuum. What is it set to? I would try setting it to powerful, or the highest setting.

You could also check the vacuum fans. There is a metal cover on the back that can unscrew and will then allow you to access the fans and clean them.

Other issues could be if your material is lifting off the backer, or you have so much humidity that the material is tunneling.

Fatboy

I think it is when the head slides across the material.

I would check your vacuum. What is it set to? I would try setting it to powerful, or the highest setting.

You could also check the vacuum fans. There is a metal cover on the back that can unscrew and will then allow you to accessAgreed the fans and clean them.

Other issues could be if your material is lifting off the backer, or you have so much humidity that the material is tunneling.
Agreed

Tony Rome

I will have to check vacuum, pretty sure it is at normal, where did you think those fans were, since I don't know means I never cleansed them, lol.

SignaPrint

Roll off some slack at the back of the machine, its happening cos the machine is pulling it through off a tight roll, it causes the roll to become wavy at the edges and then head makes contact.

:smile: