• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head STRIKES... Help???

BadAss

O.K. so I got some material from Fellers (Aurora 4oz. Fabric woven poly) The print looks great, but after 18" to 36" the material Buckles and we get Head Strikes. I tried straightening ths fabric. No Good, The I turned of the heater at the print area right after the rollers, No Good. We have the head in the high position but the material just keeps buckling after a few feet. We are trying to print at 120" so I tried baby sitting it and just tightning with my hands as it came through, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas??? We have a Mutoh 1604... Thanx everyone....Mykel

D&Tgraphics

try turning off the pre heater instead of the platen heater. If you have a take up reel use it. It will keep tension on the material.

BadAss

I will give that a try. We do have a take up reel but it would have to get out 5 feet or so before it would help. However we did use it to keep the tension on after we tried 3-4 times and had no luck. At that point it was long enough to reach the reel. But that didn't help either...Thanx,,M*

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Put a piece of banner material on your take up roll as a leader. Load the media to print and tape the leader to the media right at the platen. Just butt the leader up to the media and use three or four pieces of masking tape to join the two.

I do this any time I want to use the take up mechanism and it works just fine keeping just the right amount of tension to on the media out feed. I keep about 4' of banner material permanently on my take up roll.

This is usually because the material has no body to it. Try lowering the vacum. This can cause prollems on some light material. They want to stick to platen more than feed forward.