• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat Press Deal....$365 New!

datcat

I have received 7 responses with contact info. 6 of the responses are a thumbs up, for sure, ready to buy, vote for the Heat Master with no mention of considering a more popular brand. The other vote sounds like a positive for the cheaper model just needs to make sure he has the financing before committing. Even if the 6 are all we've got, I will go forward on this because I have 3 committed locally and I have found a partner who is interested in distributing the remainder and probably a few extra to see if we can make a profit (after all the takers from this forum get on board with no additional mark up attached). If nothing changes his mind over the weekend he is going to make the purchase through his business so there's no issue with a single payment. I will contact All American Tuesday. My partner has a printing/sign/screen print business (and already owns a HIX BTW) and wants to leveradge this order with the puchase of a pad printer so if anyone has any other needs from that company, drop me a line and we'll see if theres a chance for discounts on anything else. I intend to get a price on some transfer supplies and the protective teflon pads. I noticed they sell dye-sub equipment and plotters/printers. For those of you who haven't e-mailed me...do so.

*theresa*

datcat said:
I have received 7 responses with contact info. 6 of the responses are a thumbs up, for sure, ready to buy, vote for the Heat Master with no mention of considering a more popular brand. The other vote sounds like a positive for the cheaper model just needs to make sure he has the financing before committing.

For those of you who haven't e-mailed me...do so.

Have you decided anything definite on this yet? I am interested, will have a confirmation one way or the other this week... if you haven't already completed the order or ditched the idea.

thank%20you.gif

datcat

*theresa* said:
Have you decided anything definite on this yet? I am interested, will have a confirmation one way or the other this week... if you haven't already completed the order or ditched the idea.

thank%20you.gif

Theresa,
Check your PM's and E-mail. I'm trying not to abuse Fred's board with cluttered specifics.....Please send me a direct E-mail datcat@gt.rr.com

Thanks,
Mike

Decal_Designs

I know that datcat has already received our money and placed the order, so you might be too late for the deal. You can always send him a direct email to check. His email address in in the above post.

Steve C.

The order was placed a week ago. Haven't heard from datcat so not sure where it stands. Anyone else got any info?

LabelsEtc

Steve C. said:
The order was placed a week ago. Haven't heard from datcat so not sure where it stands. Anyone else got any info?

Last I heard the company changed the date and would not have them available to ship until at least July 8th.

Donna

datcat

Sorry All,

Haven't been checking the forum consistantly lately. All who ordered should have gotten my update today....not much change on the delivery. As far as additional purchases, I wouldn't count on getting in this time around since they wanted one payment. I asked today if they would take any additional orders and the answer for now was iffy due to the fact that it looks like all that are due in have been dedicated for sales, pending confirmation of funding....Our recent order is guaranteed first for delivery thanks to the quick payments by everyone involved. I should hear next week if they will accept any additionals. I will also see when the next shipment is due and potentially start another order of 12. Won't be able to organize it until Aug though due to upcoming vacation. Also,this time there will be a slight profit mark-up for me though.....didn't realize how much time I would spend on the first one and I probably should have been working on signs instead. No regrets though...made allot of new friends:thumb: . Any other takers should email me personally at datcat@gt.rr.com

Steve C.

Yes, it is a sweet deal... according to to UPS tracking, we should be taking delivery on ours Monday. I think Mike (datcat) may be thinking of ordering some more, not at that price, but still a good deal.

Scubadog

Got mine today.:Cool 2: It is very nice. However it got a little slow climbing to temp after it passed 360 degress. Also mine was set for 220 volts and had to be changed to 110. I removed the back cover to change it, but it could be done by lowering the platen and looking inside the middle opening there is a toggle switch there and it needs to be flipped up for 110. This will save you taking out 8 screws. The only thing I didn't like was the fact there is no directions or owners manual or parts list. Other than that I think it is going to be a great little heat press.

datcat

Does it look worth the savings we got?? If so, I'm not much on the minor details. I'm jealous...mine won't be in until next week and I wanted to make vacation T's for our Costa Rica Trip. Call Marv at AA. He told me that the directions were being modified to clear up a few things but I assumed he meant before they were shipped. Sounds like I already got competition from the supplier if I decide to sell these. They told me they were also retailing them direct from the store at $795. Oh well, I was just looking for a good personal deal. I'll have to see if it's worth the effort to sell them cheaper than they do on E-bay. Since I took the chance, they have made me an honorary distributor, meaning if I get min orders of 12 drummed up, I can still purchase them wholesale and mark them up for a profit to sell anywhere but on E-bay. I'll have to do the math to see if it's worth my time at say $600 including shipping. I spent way more time putting it together than I anticipated but now I know the ropes and maybe I can make it work a little smoother.

Thanks to everyone who helped pull the deal off. I hope it turns out to be a worthwhile investment.

Mike
Scubadog said:
Got mine today.:Cool 2: It is very nice. However it got a little slow climbing to temp after it passed 360 degress. Also mine was set for 220 volts and had to be changed to 110. I removed the back cover to change it, but it could be done by lowering the platen and looking inside the middle opening there is a toggle switch there and it needs to be flipped up for 110. This will save you taking out 8 screws. The only thing I didn't like was the fact there is no directions or owners manual or parts list. Other than that I think it is going to be a great little heat press.

datcat

Just got off the phone with Supplier. The instructions have been re-written and are being E-mailed to me. Will forward them to all who made purchases as soon as I get them.

Mike

Decal_Designs

Datcat,

You mean you put all this effort into making this purchase happen, and you didn't get yours first? That kind of sucks. :rolleyes: :Big Laugh

I just received mine today as well. It looks very good! My press came with the Operation Manual, which is a total of 12 pages one side only. It includes a page that warns you about the voltage setting. However, it does state that it leaves the factory set at 110V. I think everyone should do a visual check when they get theirs, since scubadog's was set at 220V.

Thanks for all your work DatCat!

Decal_Designs

Hey, I just noticed that they revised their auction listing for the heat press.

He is listing it at .99 cents with No Reserve. Perhaps he feels he can get more money this way. He better cross his fingers.

Item # 7531242824

LabelsEtc

Hey Rick, I found your instructions! Mine came with two Operation Manuals. I was going to offer to mail it to you, but I see that Mike is supposed to email them to everyone. I don't know if this is an old set, or the revision.

Thanks for the heads up on the 110 setting. I peeked in and I think mine is set at 220 also. I'll be sure to change the setting before I plug it in.

I haven't seen any other presses in person, so I really don't have anything to compare it to, but it does seem like a solid machine.
Mike, thanks again for putting this together for us.
thank%20you.gif

Donna

Scubadog

Thanks for the info on the directions. I'm sure Mike is glad that everyone is happy so far, that a lot of pressure not to mention money. Thanks for putting this all together Mike. As for receiving his first, I guess that the benefit of living closer to the dealer. This may sound like a stupid question but doe's the Teflon pad go on the top or the bottom?:Big Laugh

Rick

dynawg

I'm glad they are looking good! I won't have mine until next Wednesday.

Scubadog.. I'll bet by next week we have a whole new thread full of 'stupid heat press questions'. (I was wondering the same thing about the pad.)

Cheers!
Bob P.