• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat press vinyl on dry fit shirts?

J

john1

Hey, I have a company softball team needing 12 numbers pressed onto the back of their dry fit t-shirts.

The material is 100% polyester they said and i will be using thermoflex plus for the job.

Can this be done without damaging the shirt or is it a no go?

Thanks!

tcorn1965

Hey, I have a company softball team needing 12 numbers pressed onto the back of their dry fit t-shirts.

The material is 100% polyester they said and i will be using thermoflex plus for the job.

Can this be done without damaging the shirt or is it a no go?

Thanks!

We dye sub them all the time with a heat press at 400 degrees for 30-40 secs. Strong pressure on heat press. Not quite the same asThermoflex.

Place image on the surface to which you are transferring the film
Place a Teflon sheet between the heat platen and the polyester carrier sheet to prevent sticking and edge damage to the transferred design.
► Heat press between 330° F - 335° F for 17 - 20 seconds using firm even pressure.
► If ThermoFlex® Plus only partially adheres to the fabric it is usually because insufficient or uneven pressure was applied. If this happens, reposition the design, increase the pressure and repress.
► Peel warm or cold. It is much easier to peel while still warm but for consistent results allow at least 10 seconds of cooling time before peeling. For greater durability, cover with a Teflon sheet and repress for 10 seconds.
Turn garment inside out before washing. Wash in warm to hot water. You can tumble dry ThermoFlex® Plus decorated garments on high heat without the transfer film sticking to itself.
ThermoFlex® Plus is very durable and if properly applied, will last for the life of the garment.
► You can apply ThermoFlex® Plus to cotton, polyester, blends, Spandex, Lycra, wool and linen.ThermoFlex® Plus will NOT adhere to nylon

Terry

sghobbies

I've used easy weed and imprintables eco material on those before with no adhesion problems at all. Only problem I have run into is the press seems to leave a permanent line in the fabric from a combination of the heat/pressure. I have yet to find a solution for that.

Mike_Koval

I've used easy weed and imprintables eco material on those before with no adhesion problems at all. Only problem I have run into is the press seems to leave a permanent line in the fabric from a combination of the heat/pressure. I have yet to find a solution for that.

use a teflon pillow. this will absorb the pressure to remedy the press lines. when using a pillow be sure to adjust your pressure before application.

binki

It will work. It may shrink a little so keep that in mind if you are doing multi color.