• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from the frozen north!

KayleM

Hello everybody, thank you for accepting my membership!
I've been in the vehicle wraps/graphics and signage industry for about 16 years and have been managing Classic Auto Graphics for the last 10 or so. I'm hoping I can share some information as well as gain some knowledge on this site. Being a relatively small shop has pushed me to become proficient in design, installation, and equipment/network trouble shooting/service. We are a 3M Silver Select shop. We mainly use Adobe for all of our designs and production files and Flexi for print/cut and Gerber Composer for straight cutting. For equipment we have a few Summa plotters, an HP 365 Latex, HP FB550, and a couple Gerber Edges.
Thanks again for welcoming me, I hope to be a productive member of your group!
- Kayle

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Hey Kayle, welcome from Winnipeg! You guys have any snow left over there? Disappearing fast here, which is super weird for Jan/Feb in Winterpeg.

Out of curiosity, what does it mean to be a 3M Silver Select shop? I've never heard that terminology before.

KayleM

Hey Kayle, welcome from Winnipeg! You guys have any snow left over there? Disappearing fast here, which is super weird for Jan/Feb in Winterpeg.

Out of curiosity, what does it mean to be a 3M Silver Select shop? I've never heard that terminology before.
Hi White Haus, I lived in Winnipeg when I was younger. You're right, usually in MB when winter hits you're in it for the long haul! No snow left out here except in the mountains. Silver Select essentially means that 3M backs any of our installs with a performance guarantee due to our training and the quantity of material we purchase. If a company reaches out to 3M Canada for work to be done in our region, we get recommended for the job by 3M.

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle

Wow...hello Winnipeg! I was born and raised in Transcona but left at 15 and have never been back since!