• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello

bluemando

I'm semi-retired from the construction field and have been doing signwork partime for a few years. I've dabbled in vinyl, paint, laser engraving and carving.

I've always admired well executed signs and especially enjoy dimensional work. I'd like to try working with HDU and plan on adding a blast room to my shop in the future. I appreciate the sharing of knowledge here and in the industry as a whole and hope I can add to it from my limited experience from time to time.

BTW, I play blues mandolin...thus bluemando. :smile:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Careful bluemando ... THATgirl is known throughout the Great NorthWet to have broken many a musician's heart. :Big Laugh :wink: :rolleyes: :Cool 2:

nodrenim

Welcome bluemando, anyone who plays mandolin has my respect, my poor ol' mando is about to give out. Even before I could learn to play. Oh well better days are coming, I hope.

bluemando

Fred Weiss said:
Careful bluemando ... THATgirl is known throughout the Great NorthWet to have broken many a musician's heart. :Big Laugh :wink: :rolleyes: :Cool 2:

Fred, I'll be careful. Thanks for the warning. :wink: :Big Laugh

Arlo Kalon 2.0

bluemando said:
BTW, I play blues mandolin...thus bluemando. :smile:

Wow... blues on a mandolin. Bet that is fun to hear. I've picked a lot of bluegrass (on guitar) with mandolin players. Used to go watch Ricky Skaggs play before he got famous and became an Opry statesman and fixture. I play bass now in an orchestra, but also still have a desire to try a mandolin again sometime too.

Is there any "well known" blues player that plays a mandolin? Oh, BTW, welcome to the sign biz!

THATgirl

Hey Oregon! that's not that far !
But yes watch out for me. I am mean and bad, and just plain rotten. Except when I listen to the blues. Especially Gary Moore. I am in love with him.

bluemando

A DAVE 800 said:
Wow... blues on a mandolin. Bet that is fun to hear. I've picked a lot of bluegrass (on guitar) with mandolin players. Used to go watch Ricky Skaggs play before he got famous and became an Opry statesman and fixture. I play bass now in an orchestra, but also still have a desire to try a mandolin again sometime too.

Is there any "well known" blues player that plays a mandolin? Oh, BTW, welcome to the sign biz!

Dave, I've played some bluegrass, oldtime, and celtic music on both guitar and mandolin over the years. My son is a much better guitar player than I am, so I've kinda' settled in on the mandolin and mostly blues. I figure if you do something semi-obscure there's not as many good players to be compared to.:biggrin:

As far as "well known" blues mando players.....Steve James, Rich DelGrosso, Yank Rachell; not exactly household names.