• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helmet Wrap

Vegas_Style

The owner of the company I am working for currently wants to start doing helmet wraps both in house and out at the dunes. My question is for any here who has experience with helmet wraps. Can they be done in one piece and be seamless? We (designer and installers) have told him numerous times that they will have to be seamed somewhere on the helmet. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Flame

They are ridiculously hard... I would highly suggest not doing them. You'd never get the price for the amount of time they take. If you want a cool looking helmet, charge a HIGH price and do it the old fashion way.... a few ounces of House of Kolor, a sword striper and a Micron C. :)

Vegas_Style

They are ridiculously hard... I would highly suggest not doing them. You'd never get the price for the amount of time they take. If you want a cool looking helmet, charge a HIGH price and do it the old fashion way.... a few ounces of House of Kolor, a sword striper and a Micron C. :)

In his eyes being that we are a Sign company with the means to be able to print anything we want we should be able to do it with out painting them. That and we dont have any one here that would be able to do that.

Flame

In his eyes being that we are a Sign company with the means to be able to print anything we want we should be able to do it with out painting them. That and we dont have any one here that would be able to do that.

Yes, but not EVERYTHING is wrappable. A helmet is doable, but who wants to pay $250 for a helmet wrap that looks only "ok" ?

You can try it, I'm just trying to save you from headaches.

Vegas_Style

Yes, but not EVERYTHING is wrappable. A helmet is doable, but who wants to pay $250 for a helmet wrap that looks only "ok" ?

You can try it, I'm just trying to save you from headaches.

Understood, I am kind of playing the devils advicate on behalf of the owner. Since he thinks we can get it done in one piece, is it even doable in one piece with out seams?

Sparky

One piece maybe, but you might just commit suicide because it will look like a much easier option.

I do helmets in two pieces and design for that plan. A well designed theme will be easy to work in a seam into.

As far as charging, you can get allot more than $250...and can do things an airbrush artist would refuse.

Use as much patience as you can, and keep a torch nearby. I figure, if I could keep a room at 90-95º wrapping helmets would be way easier!

Check out my tips in this thread - http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38418

grafxxx

any one got pics of a helmet wrap? i would like to see that. and give your boss a good size ball and tell him to try to wrap that he see what he thinks...

Sparky

any one got pics of a helmet wrap? i would like to see that. and give your boss a good size ball and tell him to try to wrap that he see what he thinks...

I posted a couple in the link above your post.

I have a few more on the camera of another helmet that was way better in the end than the one in those pictures above.

mzick

Yes..360 Wraps - Tommy Strader - has what he calles "perfected" the helmet wrap. Check his site out he really does some good work.

NLADigital

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here, theres some great info thats being posted.

I'm currently giving my first attempt at a helmet wrap on a Shoei X-11 which has a lot of vents/spoilers. I'll be sure to post up info if/when I finish

DOGraphics

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here, theres some great info thats being posted.

I'm currently giving my first attempt at a helmet wrap on a Shoei X-11 which has a lot of vents/spoilers. I'll be sure to post up info if/when I finish

:Welcome: 2 :signs101:

Sparky

looks pretty good - Care to share how you went about it? Back to front/front to back/2 pieces/3 pieces/etc.?

BadAss

Liquid Wrap....Much easier than the vinyl... Here is a couple we have done using this method and incorporating airbrush work...Mykel

Attachments

• Money-L.jpg
    Money-L.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 253
  • dice-R.jpg
    dice-R.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 287
  • helmet-left.jpg
    helmet-left.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 244

BadAss

You guys who can actually do it in wrap vinyl are pretty awesome... The ones I've tried didn't come out to well...M*

kustomkoncepts

I agree Helmets are pretty tough and 360 I think has a class for doing it.

I've yet to try. though I also airbrush them that is not always easy either. lots of steps and primer, base. artwork, innercoat clears,clears ECT.

I read a trick but it was for a Half helmet motorcycle type. made the print streched it across a garbage can heated it and pushed the helmet down into it. I want to try it and see if it works.

BadAss

No Liquid Wrap is not paint....It is wraped first, and liquid wrap has only a reputition of print (as in the first helmet with just the $100 bills) Then we did some with the print and added air brushing in order to give depth and more appeal...M*