• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helmet Wrap

stickasteve

Trying again.

I hope I did this right.

IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4326.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

CheapVehicleWrap

Thanks for answering that. I think some of us haven't slept since your original post! To answer your question, the excess bunches up at the end no? I'm thinking if I get it that far I can just trim the edge of the helmet itself for 1 piece! Why didn't I think of this before?

stickasteve

Use a lot of primer and maybe even some ProBond because if you stretch this like I think you want to, you'll have a lot of vinyl memory to deal with and it'll want to peel itself back.

kstompaint

existenceONE- ok, spill the goods. How the hell do you template that, how many pieces are there, what material is it, how long does it take you... and good god, what could you possibly be charging to make it worthwhile?

Oh yea, excellent work.

CheapVehicleWrap

He said it takes 1-2 hour to design and about an hour to install. Knowing it's not 1 piece should make the templating easier. My guess is $400+

mtcsr

Don't know how much I can say without violating any rules, but there is a materials distributor that bills itself as the worlds largest wrap supply company, and in their spring catalog in the application tape & magnetic section, there is a picture of someone wraping a helmet with a tip next to it. It is at least two if not more pieces.

If I can scan the image with the add or say the name of the company's catalog I will, but not sure how the rules on this sort of thing works here.

Last edited:

mtcsr

Ok. It's in the Feller's Spring Catalog 2009 on page 120.

""When you are wrapping difficult curved surfaces, like this motorcycle helmet, clear acetate allows you to see the wrap vinyl and where you're cutting so you can make near perfect seams without cutting the substrate"

-Frank
(Thank you Tommy Strader at 360 Wraps for this tip!)"