• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help before buying Eco solvent printer please!

J

john1

There is no real brand name to it, I would stick with something you can get parts for if needed and or call right up given a issue is coming up. Roland is my favorite but there are Mimaki and Mutoh that also make wide format printers.

Matt-Tastic

really? $2000-$8000 for a printer from Shanghai? I've also heard of numerous people orderign thigns from Alibaba, never getting them and never getting their money back.

I think you'd get "Shanghai'd" on the deal.

As example, the JV34-260, which is only 2.6m across (and looks like it's probably the printer this is based on) runs list for 60K. the JV5-320 (which has 4 DX5 heads) base price is 120k.

4R Graphics

You need Artbot send him a PM he can help you out with a company that will not take your money.

There have been a few on here that have ordered China printers so you need to find one of them and findout where they ordered it from.

bilge

shanghai

This company is not manufacturer, just a middleman. Means you will get no support at all or even printer itself.
If you really want to get a chinese printer, you'd better to go China yourself and visit the manufacturer. I don't know how much would be your travel expences to China but it's worth instead of losing money.
All chinese printers delivered without printhead and it will be given to you separately.
Main problem is installing these printhead correctly and chosing right RIP settings.
You have to be taught the installment. For this reason you bring good computer to install driver and RIP by themselves and take the whole process by camera.
Otherwise you don't understand the printer manual (guaranteed:thumb:).
Chinese most proven brand is Fei Yeung Union based in Shanghai.
Yes, some people advise you buy Roland or Mimaki, however if you manage to work on chinese staff,
you will save tens of thousands bucks.
This is the way how I did.

4R Graphics

Contact ARTBOT

As for installing a head its very easy my 10 yearold could do it.

Rips well you need to contact a few rip companies once you find a printer from a company you can trust to findout if they support it.

Wasatch may be your best bet.

mgcustomgraphics

Get away from that Website asap its a scam you deposit the money they disapear, no brand no deal, i recomend strongly never buying from china

xxtoni

Get away from that Website asap its a scam you deposit the money they disapear, no brand no deal, i recomend strongly never buying from china

While there are certainly scammers there as there are everywhere I buy a lot of stuff in China and never even needed ESCROW.

I have bought an entire container worth of goods ($20k) and LEDs worth over $10k over the last two years.

You of course have to do your due diligence. Check out if the company is legit, maybe even have someone visit them, if everything checks out you should be good to go.