• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!!! Can't communicate with printer.

TheSignShop

We have a Roland ColorCamm Pro PC-600 that we just purchased last night. Our computers don't have parallel or db9 connections. All they have are USB. We purchased a parallel to usb adapter and can't seem to figure out how to get the printer to work. Any ideas?

P

ProWraps™

ack. good luck with this one. i have an old plotter with a computer i keep alive simply because it has a parallel port. you might have to do the same.

w2csa

Hi,
I assume you have Windows XP.
I also assume you have loaded the driver for the USB to Parallel converter.
Try going to :
Setting, Printers and Faxes, Your PC 600, then go to Properties NOT Preferences.
You will see a "port" tab which should have quite a few choices.

BE CAREFUL !!!!!!

You might have to click a virtual port since the USB is imulating a Parallel port.
I'm note quite sure without being at your computer, but I think if there is a chance to make it work, this might be the right direction.
Also, check your USB converter manual, they mught assign, for example, LPT5, as your printer connection for the USB convereter.
I hope this helps.

Chris