• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help !!! cant get to print

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
It does sound as though it has built in ethernet (or if thats an option it thinks it does). Does the machine have the ethernet board/port installed next to the parallel port? If so then just get rid of the print server and connect it directly to the network. If not then it just has the menu option to set an ip if it did happen to have the network card. Setting one would affect nor do anything.

maskman

It does not have a port. Just the parallel port . I am thinking it was just a option . so I wonder if I installed a Ethernet card ,which it has a space for , would i even need the print server?

and would this end all these issues?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yes, getting the card would eliminate the need for a print server. Yes, could very well fix or at least simplify things.

maskman

So, we went to best buy and a few other stores and couldnt find the correct card but I did order a new p105 print server .

My thinking is that at least we will be up to date on the firmware end of things and after Talking to Tom from SEH , It sounded like the print server I have is out of date.

If anyone has a card that will fit and is willing to allow me to try it please let me know.

The new print server will be here by Wednesday.

AUTO-FX

I dont have my Jr. anymore , but I do remember going through establishing the connection. I had the optional print server on my machine, but found that the ethernet option was best. Plugged machine via ethernet directly to design computer. Retrieved IP address from the printer lcd screen, and during "add set up" process in flexi production manager , there is a place to put in that IP address.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The internal optional network board is definitley not something you are going to find on the shelf at ANY store. You would have to find that through a Mutoh dealer or used like on eBay. I just did a quick look on eBay and there is indeed one on there for $210. Not exactly cheap for a freaking network board.

maskman

Thanks all, I dont think I will be spending the $210 for the card on ebay ,lol. I always hate buying things like that off of a auction site , You never know if they will work or not

I am hoping the new print server will take care of the problem. we will see ,lol

maskman

WOHOOOOO , We made some Progress!!!! A huge thanks to Tom from the U.S. Division of SEH :thankyou::thankyou: .
After figuring out the print server was bad ( or just old and didnt want to talk )
and Receiving the new one yesterday. We went to work this morning to get it up and running.

Here was the solution . we wired it directly into my laptop via crossover cable but we had to go and change the Ip device search ( mine wasnt scanning a wide enough range to pick up the new print server)

after we did that and changed the port settings . It started to print :rock-n-roll:

Now comes the next issue

It seems that the black is not printing from the pictures after ripping

I have enclosed both a nozzle pattern check and what it is doing when I rip a picture and print

Like i said before , I am new to the Rip software , so any help would be greatly appreciated :thankyou:

Attachments

• 2012-05-17_11-01-47_866.jpg
    2012-05-17_11-01-47_866.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 2012-05-17_11-02-14_492.jpg
    2012-05-17_11-02-14_492.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 80

maskman

here is the test sheet sent through Flexi 10

Do I have to send everything through Print editor first?

(sorry so many questions):thankyou:

Attachments

• th_2012-05-17_11-02-09_153.jpg
    th_2012-05-17_11-02-09_153.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 78