• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help firing up an SP300V after a location and owner change?

Xander388

Here is the deal everyone. I bought a used SP300V. I am new to Rolands and somewhat new to printing. I am reading in the manual to install 2 cleaning cartridges and 2 dummy cartridges. I only received 1 dummy cartridge and didn't have any cleaning cartridges. I ordered 2 cleaning cartridges which should be here on Monday afternoon. The guy I bought it from did the cleaning cartridge flush out for moving in the back of the manual. What can I do to get it going now? Do I even need the cleaning cartridges at this point? Can I just install the inks and get it up and printing? I'm pretty lost.

Any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff

Jim Hill

Test Print

Go slowly setting up the printer and follow the manual and do everything it say's.

Once you get to the point where you can do a test print that will tell you a great deal about the condition of your printer.

Once you have a test print post the results so this site and then others will tell you what to do next.

Did the person you purchased the printer from show you a test print before your bought the printer?

Jim

Xander388

Thanks for the help Speedster & Jim! The printer was running about a week ago. He went through the process at the end of the manual for moving. Yes, I did see it in action printing before I decided to purchase it. I will get my cleaning cartridges tomorrow and I will follow the start up manual to get it up and running. I will post back to let you guys know how things go. Hopefully I can figure out the versaworks and profiles etc.

Thanks Again!

Xander388

Everything is working real good now. I had to have the cleaning cartridges to get it going. Have learned a ton about these printers in the last few weeks.

Thanks guys!