• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help help help err code

Mf

I don't know where to begin I'm trying to print a 35 x 150 panel on my mutoh 1304 and it prints awesome UNTILL it throws a code E074Err CR2 current, cleaned clean the head , capping station, checked friction rollers for derbies I'm at a lost after powering down I re powered tried a different file 46x45 printed flawless I email denco tech no response and I need to work not guess what's wrong... Any one on here help me out the encoder strip is clean no ink thrown on it ... Please help!!!!!

thank you in advanced

Edserv

Error Code- Maybe some help - hopefully!

Hi,
I know what you're going through.
Getting this error can be frustrating, as there are many things that can cause it.
Sounds like you cleaned the encoder strip (both sides with 90%+ alcohol?) Make sure you use 90+ (according to our tech.)
We've taken his advice before and it worked.

Another option, which finally got our Mutoh running again, have you cleaned the sensor inside the print head? (The one that reads the T-bar/strip?)
We're in a fairly dusty environment (dust finally gets everywhere) and finally figured this one out. You have to remove the plastic casing and swab the sensor with 90+ alcohol. It's kind of difficult to explain how we do this- we had to rig a make-shift "flat" swab. But you're more than welcome to email me and I'll email my phone number.

Our production guy is the best to talk with (he's the one who usually works with our Mutoh).
We've been through a lot of technical issues with our Mutoh 1204, and I believe the 1204 is similar to the 1304 in general.

Hope this helps,

Chris

inkmed

Directly cause of E074Err CR2 is Y motor over load.
You need check motor and belt.
If there is no problem on motor and belt.
It may caused by a fuse on the main board.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure there is no grease on the metal cylinder that the drive belt is attached to or the drive belt itself. It can cause slipping which will cause the error. Also, I have usually seen intermittent CR motor errors when either the CR or PF encoder sensors were going bad. Try cleaning both of them first with rubbing alcohol.

Mf

thanks for the replys , I cleaned the T bar got a bit of dust , but not very dirty I have a call in to the tech guys just wanna beat my head against a wall .....