• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help HP 5500 will not boot.

Barber

Our HP5500 Design Jet will not boot up. It says boot failed then says hard drive error. Any help with this. Also does anyone now a Teck that would work on this in South Florida.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Sounds like you might need a new hardrive. Lexjet might have a tech in that area you might want to give them a jingle

Billct2

Was that you that posted to the HP forum? unfortunately the response was the same, dead hard drive.

VinylLabs.com

Not that I know of...but that would be a good question for the HP website

true ;) just thought someone here might know the answer. I'll probably try to get it out and create an image saved as a backup, just hope nothings hidden in the MBR or a proprietary filesystem...

Barber

Thanks

I want to thank everyone who responded. I found out that HP but out a fix for my problem. It said to remove the plate that covers the memory modules and reseat the memory cards. I was going to follow there directions but first I hit the printer on the side with my hand a real good swat. Low and be hold everything is now working perfectly.

VinylLabs.com

Thanks for posting. You'd be suprised how many times I'm looking for info and someone has the same problem as I do but don't post what they did to fix the problem ;) now I know to try reseating the memory.

W

wetgravy

Could also be the control board for the hard drive, in my first shop we had that happen (about 3 weeks before I moved) and we ordered a hard drive and was still doing it. Turns out the control board was malfunctioning.

My suggestion is to pay the couple hundred for a repair tech to come out and get it fixed, would have saved us a few hundred more than the repair techs hourly had we have done that.

Billct2

Did you just install the printer? If so that would explain the cards being loose.
Glad you found the problem.