• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! HP Z6100 Broken Bag Recovery

SublettSigns

Hello Everyone,

So here is the problem I'm having. This all started (although I'm not sure its related) when I replaced the carrier belt last week. After replacing it successfully I rebooted the printer and it then told me to replace the Matte Black cartridge after replacing the cartridge that's when the real problem began. The cartridge I replaced it with had a broken bag. It gave me the 24:10 error. I couldn't replace broken bag cartridge immediately because there was pressure going to all the cartridges and even when I turned the printer off there was still pressure to the cartridges. I let the printer sit over night turned off, and it did deflate. But while it was sitting there the cartridge with the broken bag leaked everywhere. I cleaned all the ink up and even cleaned the air hoses that had a little bit of ink in them. I ran the Broken Bag Recovery again and it then told me to replace the faulty cartridges Yellow, LT gray, and Photo Black. I replaced those cartridges. And now its telling me this..

original.jpg

I really hope someone on here can help me. The printer is out of warranty, I can pay the $39.00 for phone support but I can't pay the $2,000 for a tech to come out and fix the problem, this is something I'm going to have to do myself. Please help. The longer this out of commission the longer we are out of money for our business.

bilge

Ink supply tubes and trailing cables need to be replaced. It takes 2 hours to replace, not difficult. But it costs about 1000 bucks now. Don't insert broken bag cartridges again to new system. How many sqf printed your printer? In some cases better to dump old printer and borrow some money to get fresh new one. I did to my 9 years old z6100.

TomZ

Same thing happened to me

I had to get the maintenance3 done which was $1250 and then my curing fans went out then my scan axis motor and now I have a broken bag problem.