• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! i lost disc #3 of corel suite 11

pgettys

can anyone help me find or know where i can get the Type 1 fonts off of the disc 3 cd in corel suite 11?

the wifey was spring cleaning and chucked the disc in the trash by accident and now i am fontless well not really but ya know what i mean.unfortunatly i did not register my copy of corell 11 so i am up the creek.
thanks in advance

Paul

Stewart

There is no reason you can not register it now.
I do not use Corel often (Only to open customer files) but I think
if you click on the help tab at the top of the page you can register
on-line from there?!?

You do not need the font disc to register the software.

Register the software and contact Corel about a replacement disc.

I have Corel 11 here but would also need proof that you have a legal
copy before i could send you a copy of disc 3 as I DO NOT support the
use of illegal software.

Stewart
:unclesam:

idsign

Saved by the Archive

pgettys,

If you own Corel 11, we trust ya, and all you need is the fonts, myself or Chris can burn you an archive copy. This is not copyright infringement as we are providing an archive copy and you are fully licensed to use it by virtue of your legal purchase.

Post what you need and we'll see what we can do, save you the hassles of going to the time, expense and wait getting it from Corel. :thumb:

Barry

but, do register, like previous post suggests.

pgettys

well i am basically needing the type 1 fonts

i think they are only about 6 fonts
i actually need i will reply once i get home with this list thanks so much for your help .
i know what ya mean about that illegal software crap.a small business here in town got cracked down on here recently and he had to shut down just to pay the fines and legality fees.
I can't take that risk
to much money invested on this end for sure.

H

HSG

Pgettys,

I'm kind of curious about the buisness who shut down and the illegal software. When I bought my last Mac it was off-lease equipment and had some software left on it that I deleated. What exactly did the buisness owner do, use someone else's copy or buy illegal software?

I recently lost my hard drive and had to deal with the aftermath. One of my programs, KPT Vector effects, who is now out of buisness, will not accept my serial number and will not work. My original copy of this is corrupted. I have driven myself crazy trying to get this program to work. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, how else could I get this
program to work other than copying it? KPT (Kai's power tools) is now owned by corel and it is no longer available as 'vector' effects. I would happily buy a new copy. Anyone out there have one or know where I can get one?

HSG

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have a legal copy of Vector Effects. Never have understood why Corel dropped it .... great product! I'm willing to burn you a copy HSG but what I wonder is whether or not your serial number will work. I don't think it would be legal to supply you with my serial number.

Not exactly the same thing as having unlicensed software but we had a happening here in West Palm Beach about ten years ago where a sign company was making copyrighted cartoon decals on their new Gerber Edge. A Time-Warner rep came in and made a buy. The next day the sheriff showed up, shut him down and arrested him. He ended up drawing jail time and his shop was auctioned off to pay the fines and damages.

H

HSG

Fred,

I don't know either. I'm assuming that the problem is because my serial number is so old. The original program is on a floppy disk. The local computer place can't understand why it won't work either. I physically coppied the stuff off my old hard drive and put it where it was supposed to go but it tells me my serial number is invalid when I try to use it. The really annoying part aside from the software no longer being available is I have a legal serial number. So - I'm guessing mine won't work with a copy. I would need a new number as well. Any Mac computer experts out there with a suggestion or a software supplier with an unregistered new copy? Thanks for the offer -

HSG

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No problem. I didn't realize you were talking about the mac version anyway. Mine is for Windows and came on a CD.

SouthPaw

Not exactly the same thing as having unlicensed software but we had a happening here in West Palm Beach about ten years ago where a sign company was making copyrighted cartoon decals on their new Gerber Edge. A Time-Warner rep came in and made a buy. The next day the sheriff showed up, shut him down and arrested him. He ended up drawing jail time and his shop was auctioned off to pay the fines and damages.
Whoa! I've always been leary of that kind of stuff...but I didn't figure a big company like Time-Warner would bother to follow up on a local guy like that. Was the fellow churning out a lot of the copyrighted stuff or advertising it or something?

A kid wants me to do some carbeurator manufacturer's logo on his car (Edelbrock, or something like that)...I kinda acted like I forgot he asked me (we work together on weekends)...and he didn't bring it up again...I'd have to copy it off the internet...didn't feel comfortable with that (I don't have a logo clipart CD or anything).

I'm not particularly into doing the hot rod car thing anyway (but he did say money was no object...hard to overlook a phrase like that :rolleyes: ).

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Companies who actively merchandise their intellectual property, like Time-Warner, Disney, Harley Davidson, will react quite harshly whenever they see an infringement. Most others companies will either ignore it or will send you a cease and desist letter.

The only time you are on solid ground in producing copyrighted material is when you know you are contracting directly with the company or with an authorized agent or distributor for the company.

So if your local Chevy dealer wants a bowtie logo on the price list you're making, you're okay. If a kid wants a bowtie on his rear window, expect no great fuss but you're not legal. If you decide to screenprint a bunch of shirts and sell them at the stock car race, expect to be arrested.

pgettys

sorry for the delay
well this guy had only 1 legit license to his name and that was some antsy pantsy art program that was an addon.It was in the news paper and they said he had over 200 illegal copies of software and they used the terms CRACKED or stolen serial numbers.

one of the big companys sent letters for him to stop and he continued on shortly after he was confronted and that led to many more account of illegal software use.

now i am just typing what i can remember it has been a while ago but i think that is what happen.

H

HSG

I was curious because you see a lot of software being left on used computers. If someone sells you their computer with the software and serial numbers, it's yours to use? :help:.

HSG

pgettys

well i guess that would be on a case by case bases and since he is not useing it any more i would think that would be an exception.

I see allot of cracked software in my line of work and it seems like everyone has it!

idsign

Crack Down - Smack Down!

I will hazard a guess with regard to risk and reward.

Time Warner (you can substitute IRS for sake of comparison) will undertake what may seem as extreme measures IF there is significant financial reward to gain - direct or indirect.

That being said, if the fines and punitive damages appear to be worthy of action...they will. The people purveying the trademark / copyright violations musta been much too visible (TW infringement via graphic salesweb sales?) and / or in volume $$$ (IRS).

Then, even if the direct $$$ damage rewards to TW (IRS) were marginal, the visibility of a case might be worth it to them in terms of a deterrent to other potential pirates (tax evaders).

If you can figure out "suits," more power to ya.

Paying a fine...ouch, that stings.
Sitting in jail...ouch, that's gonna hurt bad for long time.
Selling off assets and losing income making properties...R.I.P.!

Barry

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You're on track that it was to make an example of the guy. The part you aren't considering however, is in two areas.

The copyright and trademark laws have a provision whereby if a mark owner is aware that an infringement is occurring, the owner has one year to commence action against the infringer or all rights go into the public domain.

The mark owner who is receiving royalty payments from licensors is most likely bound by contract to police for illegal use and to prosecute vigorously.