• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP- Installation of Truck Door Bottom Runner Wrap

Jyro Signs LLC

HI,
So I am getting into wraps on small areas... How would you go about installing a bottom wrap on this door with sharp body lines? I have done one before with a hinge install to the right but that came out okay but not perfect.

How would you go about installing this?
Material
3M IJ 180Cv3​
Lamination
2 mil 3M Car Lamination (Gloss)​

PREVIOUS INSTALL I DID ON A SMOOTH CURVE DOOR RUNNER WRAP
1) Side Hinge Install
-Place print evenly on area with tape and Split the backing paper vertically 1/2 way and then installed onside by running a finger in the middle of curve along the length to adhere decal and then installed top and bottom and then repeated to the other side

2)Top Hinge Install?
-Place print evenly on the area with tape and Split the backing paper horizontally 3" from the top and install from the middle outwards and then roll the graphic up and squeegee down and outwards till it is all installed?

3) Is another install route I am not thinking about or something that would work better?
****It would be just me installing I have no helper.

I have attached a picture of the truck and the print set up for the doors.... should I do one large decal 106"x14" or split the decals into sections with the doors? Pink lines show the sharp body line on the truck door

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• F250 Truck Door Layout, file.pdf
    3.2 KB · Views: 171
  • New F250 Door PICTURES.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
  • F250 Powerstroke  EXAMPLE.jpg
    F250 Powerstroke EXAMPLE.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 862

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
tape it across the top and work it down as you peel the backer off. I'd break the print at the doors with overlap, stack them to print and do the cab corner seperate because that is the only area that you will really have to heat. Put some knifeless tape back behind the cab where you want the end piece to stop.

Jyro Signs LLC

tape it across the top and work it down as you peel the backer off. I'd break the print at the doors with overlap, stack them to print and do the cab corner seperate because that is the only area that you will really have to heat. Put some knifeless tape back behind the cab where you want the end piece to stop.
Okay, thanks for that! Basically like how I do perforated window film installs

Jason Thomas

I would do as one piece, hinge in the middle, similar to your method #1 Side Hinge install. The only difference is I would lightly apply to the outward curve laterally on both sides of your hinge before going back and squeegeeing above and below that outward curve. If you completely squeegee (top and bottom) to one side of your hinge first, you risk the print wrinkling from the compound curve that you've created.