• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help me sell my dads truck! 1971 Chevrolet C10 Cheyenne Truck Un-restored Original

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like a truck worth having - nice storyline too.
Good luck with the sale.

wayne k
guam usa

Looks like a truck worth having - nice storyline too.
Good luck with the sale.

wayne k
guam usa

Thanks! He has too many other toys.. 1964 corvair spider and 1984 Jaguar xjs along with Harleys too
Right now it sits at the shop and stores my racing kart.. I joke and say it the most $$$$ kart holder in the USA ahhah

ProWraps

murdered out on matte black 22's.... mmmm. i was just thinking about buying a truck like that today. awesome truck. i hope he gets what its worth!

The Sign Dude

Not to be nit picky but your item description is kinda wrong. chevy built a 400" sbc not a 400" bbc. does this discrepancy make you liable to the buyer?

Custom Bob

Ah, here's a source of confusion. Chevrolet made a 400 cubic inch Small Block Chevy engine. It was considered for use in the 1972 Z28, but this was never done. The 400 was commonly used in full size cars, station wagons, Chevelles and trucks. Chevrolet also made a 396 Big Block Chevy engine. From 1970 to 1972 this engine was installed in some Super Sport Camaros. However in 1970 this engine was overbored .032" so it was technically a 402 cubic inch engine. It was badged as a 396 if installed in a Camaro. At the time, GM/Chevrolet had a policy or limit of "400" cubic inch or greater engines being installed only in mid or full size cars - not the Camaro. This is why the LS6 idea was deep-sixed as well.

The Sign Dude

Well after looking at the pictures on ebay it looks like the engine is a BBC but the build sheet says 400 cu. maybe it is a 402.

ProWraps

do i smell a discovery network "chasing classic cars" episode? im intruiged... the knowledge you guys have on this subject from an outsiders perspective is amazing.

SignosaurusRex

You would do well to give pop the $4 G's and keep it as a shop truck for yourself. That truck is GOLDEN. If It weren't so far and I did not already have a sweet mistress P-U truck, I'd take her in a heartbeat and give her the attention deserved! That beauty will outlast anything new today. What a shame, Shame on you!:banghead:

rcook99

However in 1970 this engine was overbored .032" so it was technically a 402 cubic inch engine. It was badged as a 396 if installed in a Camaro. At the time, GM/Chevrolet had a policy or limit of "400" cubic inch or greater engines being installed only in mid or full size cars - not the Camaro. This is why the LS6 idea was deep-sixed as well.

Custom Bob, Actually GM had the restriction of not placing a 400cid in any car prior to 1970. The LS 6 or SS454 (450hp) was not deep sixed in 1970 it actually was offered as an option in place of the SS396 do to GM dropping there displacement rule. They did however drop the LS6 early in 1971 so they would meet the emmision requirements. In fact in 1971 the stock engine on all Chevelle's was a 350 2 barrel with 245hp and a four-barrel option with 275hp.

Is it a BB C-10?

This truck was available with a Big Block but it would have been a 396 rebadged as a 402. I do agree with Custom Bob stating that the 400 small block was more commonly used for cars. I will say that you have a beautiful truck and wish I was in the market for a NEW old toy. Best of luck selling it I don't think you will have a problem.

Blazingsun

hmm Fellers I see that the Paper work shows 400ci which would be a SB if it where a BB it would say 402 ci which to me looks Like an option list, But just taken one look at the engine picture that is no doubt a BB Im going with a 396.... Oh Wait the service tag on the glove box's says 396.. So if is all orginal Im going with what the service take says..

Also the First Picture that looks like the window sticker with a List of Installed Options clearly shows 396...

I had a 71 short wheel base with a 350 in it when I was about 25 years old. Had the bucket seats and console out of an old Blazer of about the same model. It was a sharp old truck and I wish I still had it.

AllSquare Jason

These trucks are gaining popularity and value in the classic market. Too bad its a longbed or I might jump on it!!

I had a nice 70 shortbed C10 a few years back, loved it. Sold it to buy a Honda Prelude, haha!!

My stepdad has a 72 w/ a 502 crate motor - a beast.

My father in law has a 71 with a built 400 - also a beast, lol.

Good luck with your sale!!

JESSE WALKER

DONT SELL! keep it and enjoy it..its like a family heirloom at this point. think about it. 4-6K? OR a beauty that will last forever. give her some love and park her outside while your at your shop. Shes sure to draw a crowd!

GP

I would have a hard time selling that - we are looking for something similar for a shop vehicle. Something classic that we can paint our logo on the doors. and have boards down the bed with our list of services

(I can't wait to get to the point of sign success when I can have toys around the shop. For now, it's just my Gibson and my dog)

The Sign Dude

I have had a few of them that body style. I had a 1969 that was candy apple red with a 406 dart aluminum heads eagle rotating assembly a big roller cam and a 950 dominator with a big shot plate on it. it had a godly powerglide with transbrake and 19" wide x 31" tall hoosiers on the back. it was one sexy mofo. I wish I had kept it.

wes70

A little off topic, but maybe Fred could set up a forum for members' rides. Vehicles, bikes, shop rides, boats, etc. from past and present. Just a thought.

gnatt66

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet truck. and a BB too....wicked.

and it has the same rear suspension as a sprint cup race car :) gotta love truck arms. :cool1:

artsnletters

this is one nice truck...
I have a chance to buy a nearly identical equipped truck (not in condition as nice as that 'tho) a big block with a auto trans...for a grand. This really makes my decision easy.
Tim