• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help me understand Flexi PM PerfCut Please

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
I've done a search here but don't believe I have found my answer.

Transitioning away from VersaWorks.

Workflow = Design in Illustrator (MAC) / Open PDF within Flexi Production Manger (PC Win10Pro) / Print/Lam/Cut on Rolands XC540 & XR640

I set my Perf Cut swatch to PerfCutContour like I always would for VersaWorks.

My dialog box in PM show the separate cut paths (CutContour & PerfCutContour). I uncheck "Use Same Driver for all colors" and set separate values.

When the PerfCut runs it does not Pounce like it would thru VersaWorks, is this correct and if not how do I accomplish it using our workflow.

Thanks for the help.

bannertime

Since no one else has responded... I just looked through the settings for those machines in PM and did not see where you could set which tool setting to use. All I saw was Offset, Speed, and Force. Is that all you see when you click the "Edit" button for the path driver? With Graphtecs there are some more options like "Conditions." Conditions are setup on the plotter for various tool types, then you tell PM which condition to use for the cut path specified.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check to see if the driver dialog has a preset for perf cut. Right now you may have it on cut 1 or cut 2 but there might be a perf cut specific preset that tells the software to send the different cut pattern.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Here is what I see. I do notice that PerfCutContour is the same color in the Driver Option dialog box where as they are not in my file.

pm_pick2.jpg

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Since no one else has responded... I just looked through the settings for those machines in PM and did not see where you could set which tool setting to use. All I saw was Offset, Speed, and Force. Is that all you see when you click the "Edit" button for the path driver? With Graphtecs there are some more options like "Conditions." Conditions are setup on the plotter for various tool types, then you tell PM which condition to use for the cut path specified.

Thx, the Rolands don't have "Tool Settings or Condotions" like standaolne ploters ofetn do.

bannertime

Thx, the Rolands don't have "Tool Settings or Condotions" like standaolne ploters ofetn do.

I looked in some of the other tabs too, couldn't find anything. It looks like Versaworks converts the PerfCut lines into segmented lines. So you'll probably have to do that manually in Illustrator. Then change the force on the PM driver settings. Wish I could have been more help, but I just don't see where PM can tell the plotter to do a perf cut pattern.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
I looked in some of the other tabs too, couldn't find anything. It looks like Versaworks converts the PerfCut lines into segmented lines. So you'll probably have to do that manually in Illustrator. Then change the force on the PM driver settings. Wish I could have been more help, but I just don't see where PM can tell the plotter to do a perf cut pattern.

Thx for the reply. I did read one tutorial about creating a dashed stroke, maybe that's what I will need to do?

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Does Production manager always show the cut paths as Black no matter how they are set in the original file?

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 7.43.15 PM.png