• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP... Mimaki CJV30-130

SunCity

Hi everyone,

I am a newbee here. I am having issues with my Mimaki CJV30-130 banding. I feel like I have tried everything but I doubt that, I come from a Roland background and when moving companies I didn't get much training on the Mimaki before the previous person left. I go on Maternity leave in 6 weeks and would like to fix it before the next person takes over.

I am having banding but only when printing Yellow & Reds (I have attached a picture to show you what I mean). My heads are fine, and even after a clean the banding still happens. Throw your ideas at me and I will let you know if I have tried that or not. I had a tec in to do a service and everything seemed okay but a couple days later it was happening again.

Thanks, Kirsten
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Yellow band_1.jpg
    Yellow band_1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 365
  • Yellow band_2.jpg
    Yellow band_2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 303

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Please do not handle the ink or cleaning supplies for this printer. I would also recommend not being in the room while it is printing. It may sound extreme or I may be over reacting but the solvents in these inks do cause birth defects and all kinds of other problems such as cancer! Children and fetuses are much more susceptible to the bad effects.

As far as your printer goes, it looks like the bottom of the head either has inkcicles hanging down or you are getting cross contamination in your yellow which is right next to the black. Make sure everything is as clean as can be. I would start by checking the pump tubes for any clogs and change the cap top. If everything is working properly below the head, I would look into changing the dampers. One thing i always check is the wiper because if that is not moving back and forth properly it will scrape the head while it prints and get dark ink on the bottom of the print head causing the issue you have now.

Laz0924

Please do not handle the ink or cleaning supplies for this printer. I would also recommend not being in the room while it is printing. It may sound extreme or I may be over reacting but the solvents in these inks do cause birth defects and all kinds of other problems such as cancer! Children and fetuses are much more susceptible to the bad effects.

As far as your printer goes, it looks like the bottom of the head either has inkcicles hanging down or you are getting cross contamination in your yellow which is right next to the black. Make sure everything is as clean as can be. I would start by checking the pump tubes for any clogs and change the cap top. If everything is working properly below the head, I would look into changing the dampers. One thing i always check is the wiper because if that is not moving back and forth properly it will scrape the head while it prints and get dark ink on the bottom of the print head causing the issue you have now.

I think she took off out the door after hearing about birth defects...