• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! My Epson s40600 doesn't stop running cleaning cycles

RG

I've had this printer for 3 years. There were no real problems the first year. Then, one day, I ran a light cleaning and it wouldn't stop cleaning. As soon as the 3.5 minute cleaning cycle ended, it started another cleaning cycle, and another, and another. It did this for 5 times, before I hit the power-off button. I left it turned off overnight and the next day it was back to normal, no more continuous cleaning. About 5 or 6 months later it started doing continuous cleaning again. Like before, I hit the power button and the next day it was back to normal. About every 5 or 6 months it does this. Has any one else here ever had the same experience? Is there a fix for this?

I would make sure the Auto Clean feature is turned off. Some printers have an option as to how many cleanings to run if clogged nozzles are detected example 1-5 ....There may also be a driver setting where this is located for each job. If that doesn't do it, I might do a firmware upgrade.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Have you ever let an ink tank go into 'low' mode for a few weeks before replacing it?
The machine won't run auto cleans if it doesn't think there's enough ink to do it, but I feel like there's a bug in the firmware where it will 'catch up' on all the missed cleans as soon as you replace the tank.
We've had it happen a few times. It does eventually finish if left alone. Not really sure it needs so many consecutive cleans though.

RG

Thanks for your reply SignMeUpGraphics. I've never let any color run out so that it would say "Replace Ink Cartridge." I replace a cartridge when it's weight is about 8 oz. When the printer was new, I replaced cartridges as soon as the Low Ink message appeared on the screen. But, I saw that I could print another roll of vinyl on a Low Ink cartridge. This isn't a really big problem. I can live with it.

CanuckSigns

Thanks for your reply SignMeUpGraphics. I've never let any color run out so that it would say "Replace Ink Cartridge." I replace a cartridge when it's weight is about 8 oz. When the printer was new, I replaced cartridges as soon as the Low Ink message appeared on the screen. But, I saw that I could print another roll of vinyl on a Low Ink cartridge. This isn't a really big problem. I can live with it.
I dont replace ink cartridges until the printer beeps at me.and tells me to, but I've never noticed excessive cleaning before.