• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Needed for JV33 issue

LaserMan

Hopefully someone can help me out. I had a pretty bad head jam/strike yesterday. The vinyl we were using half way through the material they had taped 2 sheets of vinyal together. When the 33 got to that area, I assume (since i stepped out of the printer room) that the heat lifted up the vinyl where the seem was and then cause the head to jam up.

I rebooted the machine and ran a few cleans. Got all the nozzles back up to normal. The issue i noticed was that when i went to go print, the printer reads the media as being 52" long. Our vinyl is only 30" rolls. I've shut it off several times and it still reads 52". So, when i go to cut the vinyl after a job was run, it starts all the way on the left side of the machine.

Anyone every have this issue? Thoughts on how to fix it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On the left side of the head carriage next to the media cutoff blade is the media width sensor. Make sure it did not get knocked out of it's mounting hole and that there is nothing stuck on the bottom of it.... attached a picture of it - circled in red.

Attachments

• IMG_3867.jpg
    IMG_3867.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 88

LaserMan

On the left side of the head carriage next to the media cutoff blade is the media width sensor. Make sure it did not get knocked out of it's mounting hole and that there is nothing stuck on the bottom of it.... attached a picture of it - circled in red.

Thanks SL. I used some alcohol to clean the sensor. It fixed the issue. I didn't see and debris on the sensor, but it worked.

Again....thanks for the response! The picture helped out nicely as well.