• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help needed Setting up Mutoh 1638X printer on Flexi

Archerace7

Hello,
We purchased a new Mutoh Valuejet 1638x printer, it arrived while I was out of town working consumer shows, the tech came in and set it all up, I came back to discover the FlexiPrint SE that comes with it only supports one printer at a time, I had planned on setting both it and our 1324 up on the same computer, with the software it came with.

I do have Flexi 10.5.1 that I really like, but it only lists a 1638 printer in the menu to select from. My question is, does anyone know if this would work with the 1638 X?

Love the printer so far, if I have to use the two printers from different rips, I can, but I would like to have all of the printers working from the same software if possible.

Thank you!

h82loose

I believe it will work but I am not 100%. I have not tried. The 2638 which is the 100" runs the new firmware and uses the same driver. On another note. In case you did not know. The upgrade from 10.5.1 to 11(cloud) is under $800. This will make sure it runs.