• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help on 3M IJ-180C Onyx 10 profile for L25500

gregger2k

Hi all,
We are on our first roll of 3M IJ180C-V3 with our new HP L25500 ( thanks BigFish ) ans are having a little trouble sorting the media out. We are using Onyx PosterShop 10 for the RIP and the standard IJ-180c profile that comes with it.

First we were getting some 'oily prints' on the 10 pass setting, went in and checked the profile out and it was set to only 8 pass so we upped it to 10 and set the dryer temp to 131 and set the cure temp to 230. Still some oily prints so we upped it to 16 pass. There was still some slight oilyness and the blacks have some lightness and banding on the start of the print.

As someone mentioned on this site we are able to save the prints with a heat gun so our curing settings are not quite right.

I checked the ink limits and the black was set to 81.96% so I upped it to 90% and printed a test swatch. There were differences all the way up to 100% so I need to check out what I need to set the limits to.

Anyway, do any of you L25500 users have a favorite profile for the 3M IJ-180C and Onyx 10?
Any special dry/cure temps work best for you? Any other tips?

We love the flexibility of the HP L25500 and we are sure that there is smooth sailing ahead once we get everything dialed in.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide, Greg

fillupc

Greg,

I too have a fairly new L25500 and have heard others mention the oily prints. Have not seen this myself. My RIP software is Flexi, but using the same heater settings and 12 pass bidi, I have printed on the same material with no problems at all. Please post if you discover the problem.

Phillip

gregger2k

I have made some headway.....
I printed and read in a new calibration for the 16 pass mode. The blacks look blacker now and i do not see the banding. I will have to wait until tomorrow to put it in the sun.. That is where it showed the most. I still might play with the ink limits on the black when I understand them better.
I upped the curing temperature to 240 degrees and lowered the heat airflow to 38% and I did not get an oily print. The IJ180 seems to handle 240 o.k. You just have to be careful on the last bit of the print after cutting, it is kind of soft till it cools down. I might try 135 sometime.

Still gettin' er dialed in..
Greg