• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help on purchase of CJ500

deep six

Hi All

I'm looking at buying a Roland Cammjet CJ500 , seller says machine has low hours (100) but just wondering if there is any way you can tell the actual hours??
Any issues with the CJ500 or things I should be concerned about, not sure on its age but guessing around 5 years or so.

Robert M

Cj500

last one of those I sold was 2001. This is the second generation printer cutter from Roland. Original set up was for water based pigmented inks, some were modified with heaters to run solvents. if it is solvent, profiles will be an issue. Most parts are still available.

deep six

Hi Robert

Thanks for the info, been doing a lot more research on the CJ500 and maybe its not the best printer for me. Looks like it would need to be converted to eco sol inc for the jobs I want it to do (Motorcycle decals)
Now leaning towards a SP300 which is more compact and already runs solvent based inks.

Replicator

just to give you an idea, the unconverted cj is worth about $1500-$2000USD

Personally I think worth more than that, and I loved my CJ500

and I'm actually sometimes sad that I no longer have it . . .

It did really well with certain things that a solvent printer just wont do.