• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

KH t's n Signs

Hey guys, and gals,

I am looking for a printable frosted vinyl. I know there is the cut film but here is what I am trying to do.

Customer is turning an old airstream into a food trailer. They want the windows "blocked out" but something a little classier than just white vinyl with their info on it. I was thinking of doing the frosted vinyl and then just apply the info over top but that would significantly raise the cost. They want a longer lasting product than window perf otherwise I would go that route. They are also looking for some light to shine through.

another option I thought about was window tint and then just cut graphics.

Anyone have any suggestions on frosted or even maybe another idea that would still look nicer than regular white vinyl?

Any help or ideas appreciated.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you're wrangling a solvent or eco-solvent printer you can pretty much print on most any flavor of vinyl. I've printied on all manner of vinyl, including etched and/or frosted, which are pretty much the same thing. Beware that you'll get sa color shift when printing non-white media since your white point is the media.

RabidOne

We recently printed Concept 790AE LT etch with white ink for office dividers for the local university.
The results were excellent and we have since done something similar on a few more jobs.

Patentagosse

I use Hexis and it's also bubble-free so you can apply it dry. Great film, never had comebacks. Prints fine on my Roland.

Clive Turner

Intercoat 1693D17P3 fully printable bubble free air-escape frosted Etch like the Aslan DFL300 but not that price. We sell loads in the UK and most customers love this product.

Attachments

• 1693_d17_p3_e.pdf
    329.9 KB · Views: 121

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use MacTac B-Free perf mostly now, and it prints great. I would recommend laminating it with a matte laminate if you print it and it is going on a trailer. Since you're in Ohio, call Trigon Imaging and see what all they have/recommend.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I've got great frosted vinyl in stock in Cleveland from Nekoosa. Great pricing as well for a polymeric vinyl.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What profile do you run when printing in this etch film on the HP Latex printer?
Use whatever profile you use for plain old vanilla white vinyl. If you have more than one you have too many. Use a profile that has all Rendering Intents save Bitmap to "No Color Correction" and set Bitmaps to "Perceptual". Use the highest dither algorithm. Use RGB especially for bitmaps. What comes out of the printer is the truth and you should adjust your input to alter your output, not whatever profile you happen to be using.

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
I installed some cast window perf with lam 8 years ago. Exterior gets some direct sun, still looks brand new.

JRF

Use whatever profile you use for plain old vanilla white vinyl. If you have more than one you have too many. Use a profile that has all Rendering Intents save Bitmap to "No Color Correction" and set Bitmaps to "Perceptual". Use the highest dither algorithm. Use RGB especially for bitmaps. What comes out of the printer is the truth and you should adjust your input to alter your output, not whatever profile you happen to be using.
Hi, what do you mean when you say "if you have more than one you have too many"? We use 3 different vinyl medias and each has a different white point, so using the same profile on all of them yields 3 different colors.

Maria_Kennedy

As an alternative to printing on frost, we've cut out logos or just lines and curves or shapes. It looks really beautiful and classy. It also means you don't have to worry about ink/vinyl matching problems.

Attachments

• SFPD.PNG
    SFPD.PNG
    259.4 KB · Views: 23

johnnysigns

We use the GF 790 AE as well, been good to us with everything we've done with it on our latex printer or just plotter cut.