• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Please!

LedderHed

I am getting a new Graphtec FC7000-75. But I found out today it is being held up in Jacksonville Fl; because of the hurricane damage. My production has come to a halt as a result. But in a way I feel very fortunate, because I still have a house, a family and business I look forward to going to everyday, I feel sorry for the people in in the Delta region who lost everything. I have jobs which are piling up. I have good customers who keep coming back, not because I am the best at what I do, but because they have been getting their signs from someone who delivers on time and won't BS them (No offense). I think that is important. My old plotter is a Roland PNC 1100 and I am having problems with it that I can not figure out. It doesn't close the letter all the way and is offset. Registration marks are off set. The first cut is fine but after a few minutes it starts to act up. If I cut a circle, the cut will not be complete and is offset. I replaced the nylon protection strip & still srewed up. I checked the carriage wire. I changed from a serial port to a parallel port. I repaced the printer cable to the p port. I still want to use Old Rol for back up. I give up. Help, I need to cut jobs, until my new baby gets here on the UPS truck.
Attached is an example of the cut. I hope the image helps.

Attachments

• Bad Cut.jpg
    Bad Cut.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Yamalube

Wow Not sure

Don't know if this will help butt...

My plotter ocasionaly does somthing similar...I manually clear the buffer and the problem goes away.

Bill's

When I upgraded???? to xp the only way to get my Roland to cut right was to put a usb to parallel cable between the computer and my roland junk. If you are running xp this may help. By the way it ran just fine on xp for months before it started acting up. This was Rolands tec support answer to the problem.

Bill's

You clear the buffer by turning your plotter off then back on. Sorry forgot that part of your post.

LedderHed

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] The ordeal I have been thru, with the inclusion of the people who lost everything in the Delta region, has been a terrible week for me. At least from the stand point of getting back on my feet and getting caught up, is a relief.

After proof-reading my post, I feel some what guilty for having a some what selfish demeanor. All things considered I am happy to have a family and a home to go to. The response has great tremendous & I do whole heartily thank everyone on this forum.
Sign_GodGiveUsaSignMO.jpg
[/font]

LedderHed

I spoke with a rep from Roland today and I still haven't made any progress. I did find out why there is a hold up on my new FC7000 which I purchased last Thurs. Are you ready for this????? It was last scanned by UPS in New Oleans. Of all places!!! It arrived on the 29th there and it sits; most likely under 2ft of water (or under the arm of a looter). I called Sign Warehouse and got nowhere with them. UPS was no help either. I must admitt, I was not as patient as I should have been. So, I put it in my wife's lap and she charmed the hell out of both them It worked! They are sending me another plotter today. (Shipped around the Delta this time) Moral: When you want something, yelling goes nowhere, but charm will get both feet in the door. One foot in UPS and One foot in Sign Warehouse. Left up to me, my feet would not have been in their doors, but in another location.