• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Printing Problem....

S

Sign-Man Signs

Just stared doing this a few hours ago. Gone thru a complete cleaning and head inspection. Gradient fade should be solid color. Any ideas. Yea we're doing the job tonight for a church.
Mutoh Prism Jet Extra, glossy 3651 Oracal. Printed about 20 sheets during the night for this job. 2 to go and this started. HELP! Tried doing a solid pattern and no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogie

Didja reboot EVERYTHING?

Also, are you sure that it's printing in the same resolution with the same profile?

Check the heaters?

Looks like the feed changed...

Run a nozzle check test print. Based on the image you posted, it looks like the cyan channel dropped out almost completely. Based on that assumption, I would inspect the damper for cyan, and try to pull cyan through the ink system from the pump using a syringe.

The Falcon printer shares the cyan color printhead with other colors (depending on the model), so it would not look to be an electronic problem, just a plumbing issue.

Bob

woolly

i presumed the pic was upside down and in uni directional mode.

pump not pulling the ink during the cleans.
air leak on damper or pipe work
capping station not sealing whilst at rest.

woolly

S

Sign-Man Signs

i presumed the pic was upside down and in uni directional mode.

pump not pulling the ink during the cleans.
air leak on damper or pipe work
capping station not sealing whilst at rest.

woolly
Since I've never been inside of this unit, where is the capping station and damper?

S

Sign-Man Signs

Test print came out o.k. other than small banding. All colors firing. What now?

D

DARLAK

Since I've never been inside of this unit, where is the capping station and damper?

wow, you've got some learnin to do....

let me guess, the service contract ran out...

guess it's time to start learning the machine.

it's definatly your capping station, you should aways have a few of them around.

flush the heads with a syringe and replace the capping station, you'll be good for awhile.

S

Sign-Man Signs

wow, you've got some learnin to do....

let me guess, the service contract ran out...

guess it's time to start learning the machine.

it's definatly your capping station, you should aways have a few of them around.

flush the heads with a syringe and replace the capping station, you'll be good for awhile.

Service Contract? Never have much of a problem with our printer. Never really needed to do anything to it other than regular maintenance. Problem was fixed by doing a couple of powerful color cleanings and lowering the media height. But, yea, I need to start working on the internals so I know what you guys are talking about.
Thanks for all the help. Just finished the church job and I'm going to bed.
Thanks Again!