• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP Roland VP-540 0110 Linear Encoder Error

ced

I replaced L-bearings, Scan encoder sensor, strip, and scan motor and it still beeps the same error. I am now suspecting one of the circuit boards primaraly the servo board but at this point I can't just keep spending money. Can someone please help.
What I do notice is that when first turning printer on and it goes to look for the encoder strip that the head carriage moves a little bit jerky as if the scan motor is getting bad voltages from the servo board. (If that's even the way that works)
I successfully ran both linear encoder test from the service menu. And I ran the Initialize Limit setup.
The printer randomly gets the scan motor error when I try to clean the heads.
I ran scan motor aging and it cleans the heads before aging. In doing so the magnetic carriage lock lets go and the head and tool carriage separate for a short time and it seems to position the head in the wrong place during cleaning.
Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

JDcolor

1, you can check if the wire fixed well.
2, you can replug cables of head board

If they still not work, please PM me, I can introduce technician to you.

Jack

ced

I did all of that

I was going to try replace the head board then the servo board and if all that fails send the motherboard in for repair.
But if there's another path please let me know.
Thank you