• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Roland VS-640 Black ink streaking...

WrapYourCar

Hi whenever i print a solid 100% Black background, it comes out streaking.. i've tried cleaning... but not much luck, do you think it could be the Cartridge or the head? it's a relatively new machine... under a year old. I have an urgent job i need to do tomorrow, the workaround might be me printing the black using a mix of colors... i really would like to print 100% K though.

Any tips on how i can fix this would be greatly appreciated!!!

mbarden

Hello there WrapYourCar,
We just solved this problem earlier this week. The VS Series introduced another encoder into the system. Everyone here is familiar with the linear encoder strip that all of out printers here use to control the print head carriage movements from right to left and back. The new encoder is a clear disc that controls the feed of the grit roller forwards and backwards. This disc is located in close proximity to the print head/caping station assembly. This means the disc gets some over spray and dust. Either remove your covers and clean the disc with some isopropyl alcohol or call and have a tech do it. DO NOT use the Roland cleaning fluid.
This should get you back in shape.
Mike B.

J Hill Designs

do you print your black K only, or rich black (a mixture of CMY in there as well)? If K only, you probably have some missing nozzles on K head

edit: just read it IS K only. I suggest 20/20/20/100 for rich blacks (others have slightly different formulas, but this one works for me) :thumb: