• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!! Roland VS640 Printing issues nozzle check

tradeup

Started acting funny last week, was printing on translucent and had bad banding. Did a nozzle check and lc was showing a lot of missing nozzles.

Did a head cleaning and lost most colors and even after using syringe the colors were gone..

I have replaced dampers, cap top, and encoder strip after problem started... I'm thinking it mat be the head but what's funny is if I start printing the colors will come back but nozzle check still bad.

20160912_150306.jpg
20160912_150556.jpg

Ragnabrok

Choke cleaning is a good way to get nozzles back after replacing dampers. If that doesn't help it a lot, likely the cap is not aligned to the head.

tradeup

Yes can you please let me know how to choke clean.. I am assuming you mean to choke off the lines then pull through head?

Ragnabrok

It's in the service menu->sub menu->choke CL

You'll need the 5mm allen key that came with the printer, or any other 5mm key works too. the printer asks to close the valve, you'll see at the left end of the printer a small hole, with a rectangle pointing one way, usually vertically, and a square pointing about a 1/3 rotation counter-clockwise. insert the key with the arm pointing up (or as close as it fits in that direction) and rotate it to the other, it takes some effort to move it.

the printer will beep, and begin running the pumps. now that you've clamped the lines by closing the valve, negative pressure is built up. it'll beep again after about 15 seconds, and ask to open the valve, rotate the key back to the vertical position.

It will repeat this process once more, then clean itself. try the nozzle check again at that point and look for progress.