• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Safety sensors refuse to release, nothing releases them!

tedbragg

I'm asking here since Colex charges thru the nose just to call and ask them about this... There's nothing in the way of the Sharpcut's laser sensors, they're lit up just fine but this dang thing will not release inside of WinCNC. Won't budge no matter what I've done so far. The only thing I'm able to do is WAIT. A very long time. And hope it let's go on its own. But alas, it won't. I'm in the middle of a deadline and this thing pulls this crap.

Again, NOTHING is in the beams -- the safety switches on the colex click on and off when I wave my hand in front of them...but WinCNC will not respond. I'm dead in the water.

MGB_LE

I'm asking here since Colex charges thru the nose just to call and ask them about this... There's nothing in the way of the Sharpcut's laser sensors, they're lit up just fine but this dang thing will not release inside of WinCNC. Won't budge no matter what I've done so far. The only thing I'm able to do is WAIT. A very long time. And hope it let's go on its own. But alas, it won't. I'm in the middle of a deadline and this thing pulls this crap.

Again, NOTHING is in the beams -- the safety switches on the colex click on and off when I wave my hand in front of them...but WinCNC will not respond. I'm dead in the water.
Call them. Don’t make your job late.

tedbragg

Follow up: This thing is now releasing safety very fast. No explanation. It just suddenly began behaving right one morning and hasn't acted up since.

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
I’m a former colex tech. I offer onsite service and 24/7 support if you still need help please let me know.