• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help setting up mimaki

Alex modern

Hi

So a few weeks back we got an old Mimaki JV3-130sp and to say its been hard work is an understatement.

First, it only had firewire or IEEE parallel and none of my comps have this. so ordered up parallel to USB cable.

installed drivers and installed rasterlink6. raster link has no option for my type of printer and the computer can't see the printer just comes up unknown.

after 8 hours of trying i come to sign 101 for some help.

tried on both Windows 7 computer and Windows 10 with no luck

Alex modern

Update

So we installed a new FireWire PCI card onto our 64bit windows 7 machine

Downloaded all up to date drivers for this
Installed rasterlink 5 rather than 6

We can now see the printer no problem.

Only error we now have stopping us printing us

You can't print using printer driver from Windows client 32bit os to this rasterlink.

Now this is strange because when I go to check drivers all are up to date and to one I downloaded was for Windows 7 64 bit.

Any help appreciated. Will update if I find fix

Alex modern

Hi

So a few weeks back we got an old Mimaki JV3-130sp and to say its been hard work is an understatement.

First, it only had firewire or IEEE parallel and none of my comps have this. so ordered up parallel to USB cable.

installed drivers and installed rasterlink6. raster link has no option for my type of printer and the computer can't see the printer just comes up unknown.

after 8 hours of trying i come to sign 101 for some help.

tried on both Windows 7 computer and Windows 10 with no luck

Attachments

• 15365766696791692136137.jpg
    15365766696791692136137.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 498

Nuagedesigns

I Remember back in the day when I had issues with a computer and had to replace that Mimaki doesn't play well with all Firewire cards. I do know that it runs well off of Texas Instruments based cards. Also I'm not positive but I know that the some of the older software was not 64bitcompatible but I would check your firewire card may be the issue.

Alex modern

Latest update .

We can now print.

We found an number of issues that we had to find work arounds for.

Our FireWire port on the printer has some sort of issue and sometimes will give an error on the machine.

So we got a parallel to USB cable ( even though an engineer said this would never work)

Next issue was rasterlink will only let me add FireWire and won't view the new cable .
Flexi sign can view this and it can also rip and print no problem.

I was told I would need a new FireWire card for the printer costing around £300. Yet a £15 cable from Amazon fixed my problem.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Here's what to do:
Uninstall everything you've installed so far.
Get a GOOD firewire cable, and get a Texas Instruments Firewire card for your PC. (both should only be around $30-40)
UNPLUG the machine and install all the drivers, then plug the wire back in.
Purchase a Flexi subscription to run the printer; you will hate Rasterlink.