• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help setting up print and cut.

Asuma01

I have Onyx 11 on one computer and my summa plotter connected to another computer via usb. How do i set it up so I can print and cut? I want to use the nifty barcode method. Hooking the plotter up directly to the computer with onyx is not possible. The two different computers are on the same network.

Hotspur

Summa & Onyx workflow

Load the Onyx dvd onto the cutter PC but only select CutServer from the menu to load it on its own (you don't need a dongle)
Once installed you will have to manually tell cutserver where the folder is on the network where the Onyx cut files are automatically placed by Onyx when you print the job.
In cutserver go to Preferences - jobs and add the location of the hotfolder
This is located in the cutter folder in the Onyx folder on the C drive usually of the rip PC
Then the cut files will automatically be sent to cutserver when you hit print in Onyx.
To cut the job using the automatic PostNet barcode reader you need to configure your cutter in CutServer and set it to cut to folder and automatic cutting switched on.
Thus every job that gets sent to Cutserver is automatically processed and sent into this folder and will disappear from Cutserver.
Thus this folder will fill up with cut jobs.
Then open Summa Cutter Control software and on the left hand side select barcode and then configure the folder as the same one that you are sending the Onyx cut files into.
They will be brought into Summa Cutter Control automatically into the queue ready to cut.
Make sure the roll of cut jobs is loaded on the cutter and the cutter head is placed a few inches below the first barcode.
Hit the cut icon in Summa cutter control and the cutter will move and scan the media until it finds the barcode & reads it - it will select the corresponding file from the queue and cut the job.
Once the job is cut it will automatically forward the media by up to 50cm looking for the next barcode and so on until the whole roll is cut.

Asuma01

I got this all to work! Thanks! Only thing it doesnt seem to be doing is advancing the media when its finished to the end of the job. Right now when it finishes the blade just stops where it finishes. I tried looking in settings and whatnot but couldnt find anything to tell it to advance the media when it finishes.