• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help setting up TCP/IP for Mutoh 1304

907customs

Ok, I've been running my Mutho VJ 1304 for the last year off of my old computer with a TCP/IP setup. I checked the old settings, IP address, etc. I just built a new computer, installed Flexi, got the cutter to work, but I'm having difficulties with the printer. I remember fighting with it the first go around as well, but can't remember the details... My new computer has 2 ethernet connections, one is plugged into a hub that provides internet, the other is connected to the printer. I checked the ip address on the printer control panel, and made it the same in production manager, with port 9100, but doesn't print when I tell it to... what am I missing (other than my flexi manual)???

Thanks in advance!

ken

Biker Scout

I can't recall off the top of my head either, but I think the Mutoh likes it's own IP. (Regular = 192.168.1.1 Mutoh = 192.168.2.1)

I know it was weird setting to finally get things to click.

encadtech

Remember - the network card that you are using on the PC also needs to be assigned in the same network class. If the #1 NIC is on your local network as 192.168.1.XXX - then your #2 NIC has to be on a different class such as 192.168.2.XXX. The printer would then be setup as 192.168.2.XXX. The XXX can be any number from 2 to 254. The #2 NIC must be a different number than the printer. The NIC could be 192.168.2.20 and the printer be 192.168.2.50. They would then both use the same subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and a common gateway address of 192.168.2.1. The printer assumes the mas k being 255.255.2550 and the gateway being XXX.XXX.XXX.1. 1 last thing - the cable you use to connect directly from the #2 NIC to the printer has to be a crossover cable - or - you have to use a small switch to connect the together creating your own mini network. - Hope this helps - EncadTech