• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! solid color issues!

veryvinyl

Here is a picture of the issue I am having. Trying to print a solid color blue for vehicle wrap. Printing with a mutoh 1624 on Avery 1005 material. Black is printing great but getting an 'airbrushed effect' with solids as if there is not enough ink. It's a holiday and i'm stuck cuz mutoh is closed. Can this be a profile issue? I also did a color swatch test of various colors and the 2 lighter blue have the airbrush effect but the other solid colors look great! Thanks for any help
attachment.php

Attachments

• WP_20160215_11_17_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160215_11_17_37_Pro.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 178
  • WP_20160215_12_23_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160215_12_23_26_Pro.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 270

dypinc

Been awhile since I ran a Mutoh. Can't remember if you can change the screens, but slowing the machine down with higher passes would be one thing that might help.

veryvinyl

Been awhile since I ran a Mutoh. Can't remember if you can change the screens, but slowing the machine down with higher passes would be one thing that might help.

Tried that too. The sample that is in the picture is at setting Quality 4 720x1440.

fozzie

if you have to print today try

1. media feed calibration
2. nozzle calbiration
3. run slower and higher passes
4. run uni-directional
5. print gutters

also verify on a cheaper vinyl if it is not media specific. see if it reproduces same results on other media

finally, some contrarian, but could try a higher drop size - like 360 x 360 or 360 x 600, etc...

good luck

greysquirrel

If it were media you would see across all colors...if you increase resolution/pass mode does it go away?
how old are inks? Check the date. I would pull cartridges and agitate ink just to be sure then run a few cleanings to cycle ink...

I might try to go the other way with your heat...lowering temps...usually if temps are too low you can see white specs...to high Ihave seen vertical banding...

since it appears only in cyan...it may be physical head alignment/service calibration/ ink/ or a faulty head